At the recent Lego World 2013 in Copenhagen I displayed my model of Islands Brygge Metro Station including NXT controlled sliding platform doors. This model is the fourth in a line of trains with automatic sliding doors, that I have built over the last years (version 1, version 2, version 3).
I have compiled a short video to show all the functionality including some "behind the scenes" footage:
The NXT controls the following:
- Output 1: Running the train on the inner loop (9V)
- Output 2: Running the opening mechanism for the three sets of platform doors and three stes of train doors
- Output 3: Running the elevator
- Light sensor: Stopping the train at the platform (accuracy: 1 stud)
- Distance sensor: Detecting the lower position of the elevator (dynamically calibrating the elevator cycle)
- Touch sensor: Detecting the outer position of the opening mechanism (dynamically calibrating the cycle)
Some images of the station, which was part of a bigger display of Islands Brygge, a central neighborhood in Copenhagen:
After moderation, more pictures can be found here.
The station is modelled very closely after my local metro station, though I have reduced the number of opening doors to three sets. Here are some reference pictures:
I am looking forward to your comments.