Sign in to follow this  
fluffybunny

Passenger Car Roof Question

Hey everyone, I have a little bit of a problem that I am trying to work through and would like to get some input from the train experts. I am working on a roof for a passenger car which also has a little observation area above the main roof, well in order to do that I have to have an area that is 6x10 studs, 10 running the length of the car. I use roofs similar to the emerald night roof with those 2x4 curved slope pieces these, but if you do think about it, it is 4 studs long and I really need a 2 stud wide curved slope. I cant find one that is only 2 studs wide. Does anyone have any suggestions for pieces or something that may work in its place?

I don't have any pictures of what I am working on but I can in a few hours if that will help.

Thanks for any ideas you can offer.

Edited by fluffybunny

The compromise is to use this piece for the curved roof:

6091.gif and this: 6081.gif

If I understand your problem correctly.

It's not as gently sloped, but works and looks pretty good.

EDIT: Oh.. I see what your problem is (after the edit), I get it... then you want to redo the roof using, maybe, these: 50950.gif

It would require building the roof in a completely different way if you insisted on it matching the entire roof; otherwise you could put these next to the brick you're referring to and it's not a terrible match.

Edited by fred67

Hey everyone, I have a little bit of a problem that I am trying to work through and would like to get some input from the train experts. I am working on a roof for a passenger car which also has a little observation area above the main roof, well in order to do that I have to have an area that is 6x10 studs, 10 running the length of the car. I use roofs similar to the emerald night roof with those 2x4 curved slope pieces these, but if you do think about it, it is 4 studs long and I really need a 2 stud wide curved slope. I cant find one that is only 2 studs wide. Does anyone have any suggestions for pieces or something that may work in its place?

I don't have any pictures of what I am working on but I can in a few hours if that will help.

Thanks for any ideas you can offer.

It turns out that 85984.jpg is a great match for that part, if you put a 1x2 tile behind it. The emerald night does something like this on the front, and I did this on my NSB 93 at the end of the cars:

i-2pSFzJK-L.jpg

Hope this helps...

It turns out that 85984.jpg is a great match for that part, if you put a 1x2 tile behind it. The emerald night does something like this on the front, and I did this on my NSB 93 at the end of the cars:

i-2pSFzJK-L.jpg

Hope this helps...

Thanks you both for your ideas, they helped a lot and glad you could understand from my description with no pictures. Eurotrains yours seems to be exactly what I am looking for and I didn't even think to use that piece like that, it seems like it will work perfect for what I am trying to do.

Fred your idea works well too and I will try that way on a different car, thinking about it that seems it would work well for a modern train car, I forgot to mention in the original post this is for based on some of the older cars from the steam age.

I will post some pictures of the completed cars once I get a few more bricklink orders in.

Thanks again!

Edited by fluffybunny