Zerobricks

September's competition cheater!

This is outrageous!

This guy/girl is quite bold/stupid (whatever you might think of it...) to do such a thing.

Was this model not already sent in?

Do the jurers have no memory?

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I wonder what drives these people to steal others' ideas. That is inacceptable.

Speaking about the people that choose the finalists, this assures me in my idea that the choice is some kind of wicked lottery. Maybe the creations are just some random pictures picked by the computer. :laugh:

This is really bad, though i can still see it on the site...

Probably a kid that just wanted the 8043 so badly just started searching other people's work

How immature...

Lunar car... LOL only by the name given by this person i can see everything.

I just went on Lego Technic's Site to see the Top Ten and I immediately recognized that model. How silly can someone be. Solar Panels? Good thing he left his symbol in the corner of all of his pictures....True, it most certainly does show that Mahjqua's creations are truly fantastic.

Lego contests are a farce. I think that they pick the winners at random. You look at some of the winners in the magazine, and you wonder how that got picked. There are some really good MOCs as winners, but I don't think it's judged fully by humans. One exception to this I think was the Bionicle contest a few years back.

This seems to happen rather often. TLG should require the photos to have some kind of evidence that the model was actually designed for the contest (like a contest code written on a piece of paper, the builder standing in the picture, or something like that). I think that would eliminate a lot of these incidents.

Double snakes on a plane! I think Lego should just shut down these competitions.

I don't think they should shut them down. I think this is a great opportunity for Lego Technic Builders but only if they handle it correctly. If they have preventative measures in place and there judges aren't cyborgs or anything then they should continue. If they are going to continue doing contests like this in the future, things like this shouldn't be allowed to happen. I uploaded creations every month except for one month I was out of the country and some were spectacular. I still haven't gotten the chance to upload them but I will. Shame on copy cats!

Eurobricks TECHNIC AFOL Mahjqa's ORIGINAL MOC "Stilzkin Bridge Launcher" entry in the May 2010 Technic Challenge (from http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41820&st=0 , posted on May 15, 2010):

4609785005_27d79fc89a.jpg

cristaling's Technic Challenge competition entry, September 2010 (from http://technic.lego.com/en-us/competition/VotingDetails.aspx?contentid=bea5fa74-ddd3-4173-bcb0-4dd43ca6f66d ), a blatant rip-off copy:

bea5fa74-ddd3-4173-bcb0-4dd43ca6f66d.jpg

Sariel's (Paul Kmiec's) ORIGINAL MOC Skywalker Excavator (from http://sariel.pl/2009/01/excavator/ , posted January 6, 2009):

1.jpg

daranguan's Technic Challenge entry, September 2010 (from http://technic.lego.com/en-us/competition/VotingDetails.aspx?contentid=8ba4c6ec-48aa-4713-9c09-00e8a7d5194b ), another blatant rip-off copy:

8ba4c6ec-48aa-4713-9c09-00e8a7d5194b.jpg

CAN YOU SAY, "PLAGIARISM"? :thumbdown:

So a second report sent...

It may take sometime for them to react. This people also needs to work! :classic:

Either we have some youngsters trying their chance, or someone trying to make pure damage to the contest. :thumbdown:

A shame that can only contribute to prevent other further initiatives like this!...

It is not the first time I think about it, but this just makes me wonder again about how sure TLG can be, that contestants really have the age they claim to be.

So anyone can be submitting pictures from his models (or from someone else...), declaring an age he had just years ago... :cry_sad:

While I could see how Sariel's MOC could slip by, I can't fathom the fact how Mahjqa's MOC would be missed since it was submitted just a few months back.....

Plus, the picture is watermarked.

Edited by flyz

While I could see how Sariel's MOC could slip by, I can't fathom the fact how Mahjqa's MOC would be missed since it was submitted just a few months back.....

I find it funny that someone simply stole my video of my MOC. But I find it outright hilarious that such an old and poorly designed MOC was chosen :)

Either we have some youngsters trying their chance, or someone trying to make pure damage to the contest. :thumbdown:

A shame that can only contribute to prevent other further initiatives like this!...

It is not the first time I think about it, but this just makes me wonder again about how sure TLG can be, that contestants really have the age they claim to be.

So anyone can be submitting pictures from his models (or from someone else...), declaring an age he had just years ago... :cry_sad:

There is a simple solution for LEGO to implement. Two photos per entry, One for the contest and a second not for publication of the builder and model and a sign saying 'technic challenge' a handwritten sign would do fine. This should eliminate all the cheating (except for those very highly skilled at photoshop!)

Parax.

PS: Is it just two entries? I have my doubts about another it could just be deja vu (I'am still searching the web..)

I hope, that if Mahjqa's model wins he will recieve the prize.

But I find it outright hilarious that such an old and poorly designed MOC was chosen :)

Designers (or the bot that plays them) must have noticed your legendary stool on the photo ;)

Edited by Atr