Hello all,

I want to present you my first MOC: it's a red Tatra t-813 8x8, short cab, Dakar version.

151029085230474103.jpg

15102908523173081.jpg

I wanted this truck to have either great look and performance. That mean that's not a trial truck, but it can of course ride over little obstacles!

I have imposed upon myself theses constraints: the truck needs to have 81mm wheels and be propulsed by only one XL motor. It steers with a M motor.

151029085223645786.jpg

It weights 1,83kgs !

Propulsion: XL 12/20 - 8/24 - 12/12 pr 20/20 - 8/24 wheels.

15102908522482728.jpg

Steering: M 8/40

- 12/rack and links for first axle,

- 12/20 - 16/16 - 12/rack and links for second axle.

The turning radius is pretty good compared to the truck size..

151029085228739265.jpg

The suspension is provided by 8 springs, one per wheel. Yellow springs for front axles and gray for rear ones.

151029085228961527.jpg

As you can see, the cab is largely copied from Madoca's Tatra, and this for one reason: this cab is is the best I have seen in studless !

However, I allowed myself to adapt it to my scale, and I modified it.

I have added some details for example position lights on the bumper or blinkers on each side.

151029085219777556.jpg

On the frame I built a sort of Dakar rollcage. I have tried to do my best in building details like the rear bumper and fuel tanks.

151029085225124717.jpg

Thanks for reading! A little and bad quality video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hdtrrxfSY8

Credits:

Madoca 1977 for the cab

Nico71, who inspired me to build the axles and the frame.

Comment's are always welcome :wink:

Edit: building instruction post #22 !

Edited by Touchobut

Very, very nice! The steering is pretty good like you said!

It was a good idea to look at other great MOC builds and incorporate what you liked in either. Nice result you have there!

This one is (in my opinion) the best T813 I have seen so far.

Not from the point of view of maximized-performance addicted truck trial driver, but seeing it with eye of model builder, it is very good job.

Madoca's 813 is maybe a bit better in terrain, and there are nearly no unnecessary friction loss of power in the drivetrain, but on the oter hand, the proportions of cab compared to the chassis are slightly unreal.

Wow, excellent build, really done well!!! Both the functionality and the looks are phenomenal! Would not use those "old" wheels much, but excellent choice for this machine!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good work, I like the drive chain a lot!

The only thing what i don't dig in the name: why dakar (speed race) version, it is a trial (crawling skill) truck. Is it meant for the cabin's look?

Don't get me wrong, it is not about the value of your moc, just curiosity from my side. :classic:

Thank you all for your comment, it always make me happy to read feddbacks :classic:

Both the functionality and the looks are phenomenal!

I'm glad to read this, because that's exactly what I want to do with this MOC !

Just want to sacrificed neither look nor performance.

Good work, I like the drive chain a lot!

The only thing what i don't dig in the name: why dakar (speed race) version, it is a trial (crawling skill) truck. Is it meant for the cabin's look?

Don't get me wrong, it is not about the value of your moc, just curiosity from my side. :classic:

The Dakar designation refers to the rollcage on the back, it reminds me a truck in a game called "Rigs of Rods":

mini_151121091409467431.png

But in fact that's true, it looks like a trial version.

I am making building instruction I hope you will enjoy it!

Quentin,

I like Tatras a lot! Very good job! I like different approach of the technical details. I like it. I post also my Tatra soon... :)

Well done, looks really good! Though real tatras have no portal hubs, but planetary gears.

The new Tatra 810 got portal hubs called TATRA-RIGID. Others got wheel reductions as standard or optional.

Tatra 810 front axle:

02_naprava-t810_predni.png

Tatra 810:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_810

See pictures (czech text)

http://www.tatra.cz/proc-tatru/technicka-koncepce-tatra/unikatni-podvozek-t-810/

http://technet.idnes.cz/podivejte-se-na-vyrobu-a-testovani-vojenske-tatry-810-nastupce-vejtrasky-1o2-/tec_reportaze.aspx?c=A081022_120822_tec_reportaze_rja

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Tatra-rigid :laugh: , if Unimogs will use Tatra axles would call them Unimog-nonrigid :laugh: , I love Tatra and his sense of humor.

I don't understand what do you mean?

Max...

I don't understand what do you mean?

Tatra calls Tatra-rigid to a normal portal axle, frequently used by unimogs and other trucks.

I don't think that Tatra want to say that they make something special or unique and that they are the only one who build it. They called it TATRA-RIGID to differ this model from common Tatra concept with swinging half-axles. Tatra makes very good trucks and should not be underestimated.

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

I don't think that Tatra want to say that they make something special or unique and that they are the only one who build it. They called it TATRA-RIGID to differ this model from common Tatra concept with swinging half-axles. Tatra makes very good trucks and should not be underestimated.

Max

I think my MOCs tell better than me my devotion to these trucks.

BYvsvtg.jpg?1qMLa4Az.jpg?1

dUFneVu.jpg?16BlxDaA.jpg?1

Thank You for the instructions and for the answer regarding the Dakar thing (I didn't know this game) !

I might give a try to build. Do the 81,6 mm balloon tires fit on this chassis?

Very good work! What is the max. steering angle of the front wheel?

Max

I haven't mesure it sorry, now the truck is disassembled :cry_happy:

Anyway I have to be honest: I have setup the truck with a very good steering angle, but in extrem positions (steering and suspension to the max) the front wheel might slip onto the frame (that's not embarrassing anyway). To fix it you just have to enlarge the steering angle by putting stops on the first rack.

Thank You for the instructions and for the answer regarding the Dakar thing (I didn't know this game) !

I might give a try to build. Do the 81,6 mm balloon tires fit on this chassis?

Yes you can put these wheels, but it will be less pretty for sure :tongue: However don't know if they will slip more or less in extrem position than regular wheels. You have to try.