Hi guys,

this is my first MoC here- a technic model of BAC MONO.

I built the model around the RC sistem and due to the small form of it's original body , it didn't left out much space for any other technic functions, so it was more a shape-oriented build, rather then a technical one.

It's size is 25x52 studs. I wanted to make a movie but it started a rainy period.Hope to get a chance soon.

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpgd.jpge.jpgf.jpgg.jpgh.jpgi.jpg

What a gorgeous, luxureous, volupteous bodywork :wub:

It just curves in all the right places... What a shape!

I suppose the real MONO BAC also has the squarish rear fenders? They do look a bit out of place, more curves here as well I would say

But what a body... :wub:

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

I love the contrast of the back rims and the red body work. Nice work on the curves, I hope it drives as well as it looks.

tim

Fantastic model. Jeroens in right about those rear fenders. Buy four or eight 7L red soft axel (part 32580, about $0.25 each from Bricklink) from set 8048 and 8068, that would make it just about perfect. Well done!

Great looking model. :thumbup:

I agree that the only thing out of place are those square rear fenders. Fix those and it would be perfect.

The fact that someone DID MAKE the absolutely beautiful BAC Mono (not my words, Jeremy's) is enough for me.

Beautiful shaping, what a superb use of flex axles and panels

Wow, those curves!

I've never seen this car before, but the original can't be more beautiful than what you've built here...

So, speaking of curves and sexy - am I the only one seeing this? :grin:

i.jpg

Alard_nma_img_ci20041077_001_wm_vs1_w480.jpg

I declare it - "the Stradivari Car" or "Stradivary-mobile" :laugh:

Edited by Omikron

Wow, I googled the real thing and what you've acomplished is extraordinary!!! If you could make the rear mudguards not angular, then this one would be out of this world! Congratulations!

Wow,

thanks so much for all of your comments. And I appologize for not showing any sign until now. I've posted the photos late last night ,and junped to bed. Today I was swamped at work and didn't really had the chance to sit down and post.

I really apreciate your feedback, and I hope to answer to all of the anterior posts. If I forget something, feel free to ask.

The car was really fun to build, but due to it's "skinny" bodywork , it was also kinda hard- I had to go through a process of building,tearing apart,building,tearing apart etc. that was a bit frustrating. I also wanted to make use more of technic panels and beams than soft axles- as a personal quest.

Amazing shape! Does it have suspension? Can you post a picture of the underside?

x_bottom.jpg

It's not a very nice looking bottom view. I did use the portal gears , as a manual "gearbox" ;in case the model became too heavy for the motors, i could downgrade them to have more torque. Unfortunately it doesn't have suspensions- I really struggled with this one- it was easy to make the rear axle suspended :the rc unit has an articulated joint for the rc motors, designed exactly for this. The real problem was with the front axle, which I couldn't get to look right- the problem is that in the real car, the front side of the bodywork has a sudden drop after the wheel- to give it a nervous/angry look, and it's suspensions are rotated with 90 degrees and stick out of the body. They also use a set of very short springs.

BAC-Mono-Formula-Style-Streetcar-9.jpg

When I tried to use the avaible technic springs, it looked really strange and out of line, so I decided to have it all without suspensions- as a general rule.

What a gorgeous, luxureous, volupteous bodywork :wub:

It just curves in all the right places... What a shape!

I suppose the real MONO BAC also has the squarish rear fenders? They do look a bit out of place, more curves here as well I would say

But what a body... :wub:

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Fantastic model. Jeroens in right about those rear fenders. Buy four or eight 7L red soft axel (part 32580, about $0.25 each from Bricklink) from set 8048 and 8068, that would make it just about perfect. Well done!

Great looking model. :thumbup:

I agree that the only thing out of place are those square rear fenders. Fix those and it would be perfect.

I agree with you all. They do look out of place.

The reason I went with the decision not to use soft axles for the rear fenders, was a personal one- I wanted to see if I can build them without using them- I decided it should be a learning part in the building process, so that I could learn something new for the future projects- making fenders without using soft axles . :classic:

I haven't decided if I will go back on the design- it depends on how much time I will have in the near future.

dat body tho... sexy. I wanna see just something to sort of offset the red. most awesome moc sir. :thumbup:

Amazing model! If it was made with white and black parts it might look more awesome :D

So, speaking of curves and sexy - am I the only one seeing this? :grin:

I declare it - "the Stradivari Car" or "Stradivary-mobile" :laugh:

You are right- a black/white or at least black/red color schme would've been nice , that's also why the original car has the 2 colors paint scheme- to make it more agresive, as if it wasn't fast enough. I was afraid the top part , the pear-shaped, violin looking body would look too flmisy, due to my lack of pieces/experience. So i went ahead, pointing it's "curves" even though it has more angles than most cars, with red lines that will make it look like the original.

Wow, great looking MOC you've made here!

RC unit+motors is a good base for building mocs like this.