Sign in to follow this  
bats

Moving a Piece in SR 3D Builder

Hi. I am building a model in SR 3D Builder and I need to move a piece along an axle a little bit farther. When I do, though it automatically locks on to it's position, but this position is inside another piece on the axle. So I can either have to too far away or too close so that it's actually inside another piece. I looked in the manual and didn't see anything but I might have missed it. Is there a way to move a piece less than it automatically does? Move it manually a little bit?

Thanks,
Nathan

You can try to use dense conns. It's the button next to the automatic brick orientation button, before the model category dropdown. It's a multi-state button, so it has 3 states, dense conns ON, dense conns OFF and dense conns LOCKED. Most of the time off is enough, but sometimes you need it on :classic:

I couldn't get the dense conns to work. Once I turn it on, I don't have to press anything right? I just have to move the piece with the dense conns on? It still was inside of another piece.

Never mind, I got it. I just had to turn off the Automatic Brick Orientation.

Thanks,
Nathan

Well, yep. That was the solution I was going to sent to you if the dense conns wouldn't work :wink: