Sign in to follow this  
sithewok

minifigure - fan's choice?

I'm still pretty new to all of this, so bear with me if this has come up before.

Has TLG ever done a fan's choice poll for the CMF range? I'm thinking something along the lines of what Hasbro has done for its action figure lines in the past (though not for awhile...) where people would be allowed one write-in vote and the top choice would be made. In this case, TLG could do a 16-piece fan's choice series pulling from the top choices.

Certainly, licensed characters would be out and TLG would be fully allowed to refuse any ideas they didn't think fit in with their ideals... But people would be able to vote for a figure type that wasn't currently available (baker, classic ufo "gey" alien, EMT, breakdancer, etc. - just throwing out random ideas) and the top choices would be considered for the series. I realize the sheer amount of choices would be mind-blowing, but surely some ideas would float to the top as tropes/character types people have been wanting to see and it just may give TLG some ideas they hadn't thought of.

Thoughts? Has this been done at all? Something people would be interested in?

They did do a poll a little while back for kind of a special re-release of the previous figures. And then based on that poll, they gave us this mess, which really feels like they just ignored the poll and threw whatever stuff they had leftover into a box. That's about as close to your idea as they've came. Classic-castle has a massive thread of all the suggestions and fulfilled suggestions, if you want to see how many ideas people have had.

Steve