popup

Need a little help with getting LeoCad & POV-Ray to render...

Hi Everyone I need a little advise as to why this app is not working when trying to export a file to render in LeoCad.

I am running Win7 so the paths are little different than I have seen...

Path for POV-Ray Excutable

Set to C:\Program Files (x86)\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\bin\pvengine.exe

Path for LGEO

Set to C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LGEO\lg\

POV Ray 3.6

POVRAY.INI FILE has the following paths.

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\INCLUDE"

Library_Path="C:\Windows\Fonts"

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LGEO"

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LGEO\lg"

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LGEO\ar"

Library_Path="C:\LDraw\Apps\LGEO\lg"

is there anything that I need to check or amend.... ? any advise welcome..

Thanks in advance... Popup

I don't see any mistakes, although I would recommend to remove the last path in your POVRAY.INI. It locates and old path (the old LDraw installer installed LDraw direct in C:\, while the new installer installs it nicely in the program files folder).

I don't know if it's needed, but you never know if there will be any conflicts :classic:

Oh, another tip: I think it's better to export your leocad file to an LDraw file (.ldr) and export it to pov-ray with LDview. LDview has some nice export options like smooth curves and I think (not sure) it automaticly includes the LGEO parts (but you still need to inlcude the path in the .INI).

Done that I still get the Error Message " Can't find LGEO files"

Edited by popup

I started with LeoCad, but I would like to see everything run smoothly...

So here are the steps...

Where else do I look to make sure everything is in order...?

Popup

Edited by Calabar
: Oversized Images converted in text links. Maximum size allowed is 800x600. Hint: use thumbnails.

Well, as I said before, try the following:

• download and install LDview
  • Save the model as an LDraw file in leocad (File > save as > choose save as ldr file)
  • Open the model in LDview
  • Go to File > Export > and choose POV-Ray
  • Before hitting save, click on the options button and make sure all your settings are right

I hope this helps :classic:

Hi everyone

Well after not getting very far I decided to remove the existing software and reload which is what I have done...

I reinstalled LDraw All-In-One-Installer LDraw_AIOI_2012-03_setup_32bit_v1.exe on Win 7 64bit Machine

I followed legolijntje advise and opened the shuttle.dat file saved that in ldr then opened it up in LDView and exported that into a pov file... I opened this in POV-Ray...

This time I get a load of text... Shown below

matrix <aw,0,0,0,ah,0,0,0,ad,ax,ay,az>

#end

background { color rgb <LDXBgR,LDXBgG,LDXBgB> }

#declare lg_quality = LDXQual;

#if (lg_quality = 3)

#declare lg_quality = 4;

#end

#declare lg_studs = LDXStuds;

#include "lg_defs.inc"

#include "lg_color.inc"

#ifndef (LDXColor7) // Light Gray

#declare LDXColor7 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end

texture {

lg_grey

}

#if (version >= 3.1) } #end

#declare LDXColor7_slope = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end

texture {

lg_grey

#if (LDXQual > 1) normal { bumps 0.3 scale 25*0.02 } #end

However I get a error flagged up in yellow "#include "lg_defs.inc" Error message Parse Error: Cannot open include file lg_def.inc

Please note I have made no amendments the is a straight forward install... then I basically opened up the old file to see if it would render...

If you have any advise I would be most great full, do I have to purchase another application to be able to add back grounds etc

Popup

Edited by popup

I added this to the POVRAY.ini at the bottom ...now that it renders but very blocky low res, and it the a better way to see what you are working with prior to rendering your output since it seems odd to work with and not see your desired output... prior to full render..

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\INCLUDE"

Library_Path="C:\Windows\Fonts"

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LGEO"

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LGEO\lg"

Library_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LGEO\ar"

Library_Path=C:\shortprg\LDRAW\POV\include\lgeo\ar

Library_Path=C:\shortprg\LDRAW\POV\include\lgeo\lg

Have a small problem in that the image def is quite small as you can see here

Shuttle3_zps5c79803e.jpg

this other shot did come out a little larger but I do not know why

ShuttleTest_zpsdf28d54c.jpg

What I would like to be able to do is add backgounds and be able to have a large HD shot of this so that I can resize in photoshop to suit my needs. I a not sure why one is large than the other as far a I know they are the same file... Is there any other process there offer more options that I am looking to achieve as I have many models that I would like to put forward but I would like these to be in good graphic quality...

Advise welcome from all ...

Poppup

Edited by popup

I'm not totally sure what your problem is :sceptic: It would be nice if you can make 1 (or 2) sentence with the problem or question.

Anyway, if you want to set the render format, just click on the drop-down menu in the top-left corner of pov-ray where you can see (in your image) "512x384". You can add more resolutions by adding the resolution.ini :classic:

Hi legolijntje

Thanks for that last comment it helped with one file ShuttleTest.pov I could enlarge the image render but this did not work on the other files, Shuttle21.pov, nor ShuttleFront.pov & Shuttle3.pov, so is there something I am missing on here... That was the question about HD quality...

Next...

Is there a easy way in which to put back ground placements in place so you can preview prior to render so as to make the model look more realistic...as I have seen others that do reflection also... any ideas... or is app not suitable...as it seems there's no live environment in which to see the overall project prior to render.

Thanks Once Again

Popup

I don't know how to set a background in POV-ray, although it is possible (I think). :sceptic:

You can always just render with transparant background and photoshop the background in there. If you just want to remove that horizon line, you can also use some fog (but in the far distance, so it won't make the model vague).