MrZ

Hello from Melbourne, Australia - after 17 years I'm back!

Hi all, I'm from Melbourne, Australia, age 30 and for 17 years (from 1994 until this year) I hadn't touched a single Lego set. This year I've started collecting and building City sets again and it's brought back great memories for me.

I probably first started playing with Lego in the mid 80s (around '86) but only got heavily into it around '88-'89. Lego was very expensive in Australia at the time, so if I got 2 new sets a year, I was lucky :( We visited family in the US at the end of each year on school holidays (around Christmas time), so my parents would always make me wait throughout the whole year until we went over there, because they were so much cheaper. In 1991 we moved to the US permanently, and it was then that my collection really started to grow. I was collecting town, pirates, space, and castle. However, by the time I turned 13, in 1994, I had a computer, and PC games, as well as other things, were drawing me away from Lego. The sets were also becoming much of the same and I lost interest completely. I remember seeing the 1995 catalog for the first time and just groaning.

Anyway, so far this year, I've bought dozens of sets. Most of the current themes I can't really relate to, so I've stuck primarily with City sets. I've easily spent perhaps a grand and a half in the past couple of months (some of the discontinued sets from '05-'07 are really pricey), but it's been well worth it.

Anyway, it's great to be back and I hope to enjoy Lego for a long time to come. ;)

Welcome, MrZ. If you haven't seen it, we have an Aussie sales thread here that might save you a few $s.

Welcome to Eurobricks MrZ, I hope that you have a good time on the forums! :classic:

~buddy~