Hey Guys.

I expect this is the most stupid question ever but I have looked for hours and cant find an answer. Is there anyway to raise and lower blocks in LDD? I know they should snap to each other but I cant get it to place the block where I want it. Its part of a baseplate linking to an existing baseplate but its always coming out below the existing plate.

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If I have understood, you probably place a piece under something you placed before, so you lowered the ground level.

In LDD, you can place an element only connecting it to another brick or to the ground, at ground level.

So, if you placed the first baseplate at a certain ground level, and later you lowered that level, now you can't place an element at the same height in the same way.

So, you have 2 options:

- move or delete the bricks that have lowered the ground level, so that it returns at the same height it has before.

- use a temporary scaffolding or a bridge to place the new plate, than delete it. The piece will remain where you placed it.

It would be useful you place the lxf file, it would help us to better understand and solve the problem.

If I have understood, you probably place a piece under something you placed before, so you lowered the ground level.

In LDD, you can place an element only connecting it to another brick or to the ground, at ground level.

So, if you placed the first baseplate at a certain ground level, and later you lowered that level, now you can't place an element at the same height in the same way.

So, you have 2 options:

- move or delete the bricks that have lowered the ground level, so that it returns at the same height it has before.

- use a temporary scaffolding or a bridge to place the new plate, than delete it. The piece will remain where you placed it.

It would be useful you place the lxf file, it would help us to better understand and solve the problem.

Ah I see - yes I think I did place a piece lower than the ground level as you suggested - oh its not really a problem - seeing as it was quite early on in the model it was easier to just start again - I just wondered if there was a way to raise or lower a block - Now i understand a bit more - Thank you so much for your help.

You can also move all the bricks that are higher placed and they will move down to ground level.

Hi, got a problem with the sandcrawler. The piece next of the mainbuild should go ontop of the smooth Brown one, any idea how? (Page 31)

sandcrawler-001.JPG

Edited by JanneSandin

On 12/19/2016 at 11:13 AM, JanneSandin said:

Hi, got a problem with the sandcrawler. The piece next of the mainbuild should go ontop of the smooth Brown one, any idea how? (Page 31)

Unrelated to the post, but what I did was use a 2x2 plate w/ vert. snap and then stick the technic bar on that, then delete the 2x2 and replace it with the original 2x4 tile.