Sign in to follow this  
Cy-Gor

Type 1 Technic turntable substitute

Has someone already created a mockup of the original technic turn table in LDD?

I am building the Technomecha from the plans and trying to figure out a way to sub out the type 1 turntables.

Any help is appreciated.

I looked all around, and could not find any Type 1 Lego Technic Turntable (pictured below) that has been modeled in LDD. :sad: All there is is the slimmer Type 2 that is in the LDD Parts Pallette.

2856c01.jpg

Yeah i know its not in there. I was hoping that someone might have mocked one up like they did with the linear actuators before they became available.

There is another possibility. Use a Lego Technic Turntable (Type 2) from the LDD Pallette, and connect some 1x2 Technic Liftarms to the inner surfaces of the holes on each side of the turntable. Then (using 3L Lego Technic Pins), clip those Technic Liftarms onto some old-style 1x4 Technic Bricks. It should all work the same, and be the proper dimensions.

48452cx1.jpg+ 43857.gif+ 3701.jpg= 2856c01.jpg

Maybe you could "shim" the inside surfaces of the 3-studs-long connecting areas of the Type 2 Technic Turntable with THIN 1x3 Technic Liftarms, and THEN use the 1x2 Technic Liftarms and 1x4 Technic Bricks.

6632.jpg