I think this is the right forum to post underwater stuff in? Underwater doesn't seem to be a very popular MOC theme :sad: , but it's one of my favorite. I'm a big fan of the Aqua Raiders line, and I think that 7770 is a fantastic small set for a number of reasons. However, I've always felt that it does a very poor job of conveying just how scary sea snakes are. So I made a little vignette to set the record straight. :classic:

2670149900_8869fc128e.jpg

2670149372_16a43f447b.jpg

You can see larger versions on flickr.

Nice little MOC, is the guy supposed to pick up the snake and freak out, then realizes that all of the snakes are there? The treasure chest is especially good, with the top torn off and gold spilling out. I also like the reef, and how the snakes are hiding in it. :thumbup:

HOLY SH*T! IT'S EATING HIM ALIVE!

God vig though :thumbup:

One thing, since wooden chest of gold, skeletons, and reefs can't float (and people can't stand on water), I'd change the blue base to tan.

is the guy supposed to pick up the snake and freak out, then realizes that all of the snakes are there?

I imagine that he sees the snake swimming by and grabs it to inspect it. "I've never seen a snake this color before! I wonder if it's dangerous... I reckon it's pretty harmless by itself, but you get a dozen of these together, they could probably tear apart a whale. Oy! Marv, come look at this! Have you ever seen a red snake before? Marv? I said--" and that's when he turns around. :classic:

One thing, since wooden chest of gold, skeletons, and reefs can't float (and people can't stand on water), I'd change the blue base to tan.

I take your point, but I guess I was operating under the old Aquazone assumption that the seafloor is blue. :grin: