8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Originally, Thunder didn't interest me too much. However over the past few months, he's grown on me a lot. I still wasn't sure whether I'd really like the figure or not, but I decided to get him.

Year:2010

Piece Count:47

Price:$12.99 USD

The Packaging

Despite the villains being the same price point of a bionicle canister set, they come in boxes. And they're pretty damn huge.

thunder007.jpg

I thought they'd be around the size of the Glatorian canisters, but boy was a wrong.

thunder008.jpg

thunder010.jpg

Gone is all the boring text no one ever reads, instead replaced by a cool action shot, stats, and showing of the features. I still wish Lego would put bios on the boxes and canisters, but then they'd have to put it in multiple languages, so I can see why they don't do this.

The Pieces

thunder011.jpg

Thunder has plenty of pieces in the new silver, which in my opinion is much better looking than both shades of silver bionicle used. However, I've heard that early cases of the HF sets used the old silver, so it might vary a little bit. I love the gray plates. Lego can spam that piece as much as they want. He also comes with some Ben 10 limbs in black, which I think are pretty cool looking. (I was pretty sure Lego fixed the snapping joints issue, as I took Stringer apart ten times at least and all the joints were fine, but a few of them cracked a few days ago, which is why I have not taken apart the main body build :sad: )

The Building Process

Thunder's build is pretty straight forward, and only took me about 5 minutes. I still found it a little interesting though. Applying the stickers was a walk in the park.

The Completed Set

thunder013.jpg

I don't know how to describe how awesome Thunder looks without using tons of unnecessary curse words, so I'll just say "cool". I absolutely love his aesthetics. In my opinion he is the perfect blend of complicated mechanical bits, and smooth armor. His asymmetrical design makes him look unique, and the giant claw on one side is balanced nicely with the blade coming off his other shoulder. Making him a hunchback was an excellent choice, and it's all topped off by three awesome symbols of a fist smashing a wall into pieces.

thunder015.jpg

The unused ball joint is hardly ever seen from the front. It's really no big deal.

Close ups:

thunder014.jpg

I love the head sculpt. I really don't consider the silver face to be a helmet.

thunder018.jpg

The meteor launcher is just a black thornax launcher with a zamor sphere, but I don't mind. It can move up and down on an pin joint.

thunder017.jpg

thunder016.jpg

Articulation

Thunder has a lot of it. To my surprise, the shoulder armor and the blade don't get in the way all too much. The hordika neck elbows are crazy posable, but the head is limited in left-right movement.

thunder019.jpg

thunder020.jpg

Overall

I absolutely love Thunder. I've already stated my reasons above, so I won't go into details here. He looks much better in hand than he does on the box, in photos, or in crappy videos on Youtube. I highly recommend him if you like the design.

thunder021.jpg

Edited by 3D Brickthing
Indexed and poll added

Thanks for the review! ;]

I like this set okay, He's my second favorite 13$ villan, only being beat by Meltdown. I really like the new silver, and seeing it in large amounts on this figure is nice. Though I am annoyed by the light gray HFCT(hero factory chunky things)

I'm still not sure if I should get him, but he's a great set. Nice review as always. :thumbup:

IMO, out of any of the Bionicle or HF sets, this guy is more robot than anything. :tongue: