Sign in to follow this  
Captain Pirate Man

Mikey j Reviews

Hello all, I've decided to throw my hat into the lego and brick youtube arena. While Lego is my favorite, I started out by reviewing my clone pirate fleet. Mainly because the amount of reviews for some of these Chinese brands is quite low, sometimes none. I also plan on reviewing some newer, but mostly older lego sets, because again, not a ton of reviews on lego sets from before 2010 or so.

Any advice or feedback is always welcome.

Here is my first video review, for the kazi Black Pearl. I did get better, the more reviews I've done. So I'm aware of some of the mistakes in this video.

Here are some enlighten ship reviews

Black seas barracuda clone

Enlighen king of the seas, that I modded

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Thanks for the reviews Mikey :) I'm into Lego ships too and have begun to look at those other brands, mainly because i want variations in my fleet. Your Youtube videos helped me a lot in researching for other non-Lego ships :)

Here are some pictures of mine.. perhaps can help others in making decisions whether to buy them or not.

Kazi Black Pearl (87010)

IMG_20160201_175116.jpg

IMG_20160201_175324.jpg

Kazi Government Ship (87011)

IMG_20160201_175729.jpg

IMG_20160201_175802.jpg

Enlighten Black Pearl (308)

AK2_1.jpg

Enlighten Adventure ship (307)

AP02.jpg

Edited by Dhana Jay

Thanks for the reviews Mikey :) I'm into Lego ships too and have begun to look at those other brands, mainly because i want variations in my fleet. Your Youtube videos helped me a lot in researching for other non-Lego ships :)

Here are some pictures of mine.. perhaps can help others in making decisions whether to buy them or not.

Kazi Black Pearl (87010)

Kazi Government Ship (87011)

Enlighten Black Pearl (308)

Enlighten Adventure ship (307)

I just now saw this, thanks for your comments. That blue coat ship looks pretty good, are you happy with it?

I like the octopus on your black pearl btw. What did you do with the masts? Pull out the kragle like I did?

Edited by VBBN
No need to quote a large string of images.

I just now saw this, thanks for your comments. That blue coat ship looks pretty good, are you happy with it?

I like the octopus on your black pearl btw. What did you do with the masts? Pull out the kragle like I did?

i rather like the blue coat ship.. very comparable to Lego's Brickbeard Bounty or Brick Bounty.. but like the Kazi Black Pearl, the parts are sharp!

i placed some lego technic axle inside the masts for now, but I do plan to kragle it eventually after i made some custom sails :)

the captain's quarters can be access only thru the two doors and the back.

on retrospect, the blue coat ship seems 'hollow' to me in that the hull sides are rather short. But the same can be said of Lego's Brick Bounty and BrickBeard Bounty.. i prefer the Enlighten's ships :)

the captain's quarters can be access only thru the two doors and the back.

on retrospect, the blue coat ship seems 'hollow' to me in that the hull sides are rather short. But the same can be said of Lego's Brick Bounty and BrickBeard Bounty.. i prefer the Enlighten's ships :)

For the price, it is hard to complain. I know many lego traditionalists HATE these ships, but I don't mind them. I would buy another enlighten BSB before I bought a Lego version. Why pay triple (or more) for basically the same thing?