Sign in to follow this  
Wodanis

WIP Elite Police Station

Hi everyone,

I've been steadily working on getting all the parts for my other Police Modular design. Once I do I will post photos. However in what spare time I've had the past few weeks I've been designing this. My intention was to house the Swat van from the Museum Break-in (60008) and the Humvee from The High Speed Chase (60007). Originally I wanted wooden doors on the garage but the doors would not have enough clearance to open and close properly. I spent a good week on and off trying to figure out how to do it. In the end I simply removed them and produced a much better design. The bay's are large enough to house the Elite Police vehicles. The building itself is based on partly Parisian architecture and a Jewish synagogue in central London.

I've tried to be consistent with my part selections and the colouring is available. I have to finish off the third floor and roof. It will have a chateau-esc roof, like one sees in Paris. Originally I thought to do the second floor in either lime green or olive and have columns, but the tan and dark orange combination looks better with vaulted windows.

I am really trying to combine both old and new architecture to give it an old world feel while being modified for modern day uses.

On the first floor there is a security desk and entrance on the left side while the right has a staircase and machinist shop. The second floor was to house some holding cells for prisoners and some desks. I haven't quite decided everything that the building will house but I did want a communications centre. Perhaps on the third floor?

In any case, I am fairly pleased with the direction my design has been going. Would love to hear other people's thoughts.

14909317004_9e6efbec25_b.jpg14909316944_5eb4fb16d1_b.jpg14909735923_f7a70e795f_b.jpg

Edited by Wodanis