Sign in to follow this  
Xarrzan

Heroica RPG - Quest #26: Quarry Clean Up

Knifk grimaced as the superheated shield burned his flesh even through his gauntlets, but knew better than to fling it away, as it was far to valuable an asset. He instead merely gritted his teeth and continued his assault.

Same Battle Order, no song

Edited by Bioniclover

OoC: Alf can still attack with his Sword of Decay.

Hybros flings a Throwing Knife from the back row.

100x100bard.jpg

"No song! You should always fight along to a song!" Singerson said before doing a backflip and still playing music...

Results of Round Four of the Ancient Dragon Battle:

Knifk vs. Ancient Dragon - Special [Lightning Breath]

>Hybros vs. Ancient Dragon - Hit .....[5 + 15 = 20]

>Guts vs. Ancient Dragon - Miss

>Johon - No Action

>Elgar - Potion

The battle against the Ancient Dragon continued. Knifk charged at the dragon but received its lightning breath for his trobules. Knifk's shield absorbed the damage but the spark arced and caused Hybros 2 damage. They both felt a rush of energy and hastened to deliver their next attack. Hybros' knife connected into the dragon, dealing 20 damage. The dragon was still shifting to avoid the thrown dagger which caused Guts' to miss his attack. Johon got in a shouting contest with the dragon to distract it so Elgar could drink a potion in peace and recover 10 hp. The dragon breathed heavily as the poison continued to bother it, dealing 21 damage (10 + 10 +1). Knifk's hand was burned by the still heated shield causing 1 damage.

Enemies:

battle-dragonicon.jpg

Deadly Venom
Deadly Venom
Venom

Ancient Dragon

Type: None (Ancients take no extra damage from any type of gem)

Level: 20

Health: 615/1000

Special I: Ground Slam - Dragon jumps into the air and slams into the ground, damaging all opponents for 4 damage, (those in the back row take half damage)

Special II: Flame Breath - Blows flame onto everyone of the attacker's row dealing 3 fire damage. (Burns targets for 1 damage for additional two rounds unless a Remedy is used.)

Special III: Frost Breath - Blows frost onto everyone in the attacker’s row dealing 2 cold damage. (Covers the people in frost causes them to be slowed and miss their next turn)

Special IV: Lightning Breath - Electrocutes the attacker and hero next to him (next in party order of actions) for 2 damage and (Causes the
hastened
effect on those hit by the lightning for the next round)

Drops: Dragon’s Hoard (The dragon is blocking the view of the specific items in the hoard)

Note: A separate roll determines special used.

QM Note: Dragon emits Fear Aura, causing the Afraid effect to all members. Effect is removable by a mage at the cost of 10 ether. Once the effect is removed, the party can no longer be afraid of the dragon.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*
Ignited (from Flame Breath)
Hastened

Level 12 Knight

Power:

Health:
18/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion x2, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)
Hastened

Level 15 Rogue

Power:
25 (20 for throwing weapons, except 22 for Ancient Throwing Dagger)

Health:
19/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 11.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potionx2, Meadx4

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
(Played by Bricksandparts)

Level 14 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
19/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I-Mead I1I ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Orc Venom, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

100x100bard.jpg

Singerson continued to display very impressive flips and spins while playing music.

Edited by Xarrzan

"Alf, attack with your Sword of Decay now, from the front. I'll give you a potion so that you'll still be standing if the dragon manages to hit you."

Feeling strangely energetic from the lightning attack, Hybros feeds Alf a potion with his first turn, and throws his other Throwing Knife with his second, from the back row.

"Alf, attack with your Sword of Decay now, from the front. I'll give you a potion so that you'll still be standing if the dragon manages to hit you."

Feeling strangely energetic from the lightning attack, Hybros feeds Alf a potion with his first turn, and throws his other Throwing Knife with his second, from the back row.

OoC: I haven't been attacking because I can only attack from the back row. Look at the dragon's stats.

I attack from the back row with my sword of decay.

OoC: I haven't been attacking because I can only attack from the back row. Look at the dragon's stats.

I attack from the back row with my sword of decay.

OoC: I know. :hmpf: If I give you a potion you'll be fine. Attack from the front. :wink:

OoC: I know. :hmpf: If I give you a potion you'll be fine. Attack from the front. :wink:

OoC: No, I really am not allowed to:

QM Note: Dragon emits Fear Aura, causing the Afraid effect to all members. Effect is removable by a mage at the cost of 10 ether. Once the effect is removed, the party can no longer be afraid of the dragon.

...Have you been reading anything at all during this quest? :hmpf:

...Have you been reading anything at all during this quest? :hmpf:

OoC: What are you trying to say? I can't attack from the front row. The fear effect keeps me from doing that. No one spent 10 ether to counteract that.

Singerson gathered the courage to speak again. "We are under the effect of it's fear aura and I don't see a mage in this group. Each of you seem to have a magic weapon of some sort. If you can hit the dragon five times with any gem enhanced weapon than that should disrupt it's aura of fear, and then you all can draw near!"

OoC: I have struck out the QM Note to make it less confusing. Hybros, are you still feeding Alf with your potion and thus he would regain health?

100x100bard.jpg

Singerson provided the back up music and lyrics for the current song,

"We're gonna win!

Win, win all day!

We're gonna win!

Then we'll go and play!

We're gonna win!

We're gonna win!

We're gonna win, win win!"

Yes, as long as Alf decides to attack from the front row. This way he won't get KO'd if Damage is rolled.

Elgar puts Orc venom (lasts for 2 battles£ on his crossbow and attacked from the back row with his crossbow

Only Knifk and Hybros are hastened.

Guts continues his attacks from the back row!

Edited by Scubacarrot

100x100bard.jpg

"All we do is win, win, win no matter what!

Got gold coins on my mind I can't never get enough!

And everytime I step up in the quarry, everybody's hands go up!

And they stay there! And they say yay!" Singerson jammed to the crowd of battling Heroes, Ancient Dragon and rocks...

Results of Round Five of the Ancient Dragon Battle:

Knifk vs. Ancient Dragon - Hit ...........................[9 + 12 = 21]

Knifk vs. Ancient Dragon - Damage

>Hybros Feed Johon Potion

>Hybros vs. Ancient Dragon - Special [Flame Breath]

>Guts vs. Ancient Dragon - Special [ Lightning Breath]

Johon vs. Ancient Dragon - Extra Critical Hit .....[(7*3) + 14 = 35]

>Elgar vs. Ancient Dragon - Damage

The battle against the Ancient Dragon continued. Knifk charged the dragon once again, scoring a hit to deal 21 damage. In his retreat though, Knifk was struck by the dragon's claw, blocking at the last minute to receive 14 damage. Hybros fed a potion to Johon, and in his distraction was hit by the dragon's fiery breath, dealing 3 damage to Hybros, Guts and Elgar and igniting them for two more rounds. The dragon was not finished and as Guts attacked, the dragon let loose another lightning breath attack, dealing 2 damage to Guts and 2 Damage to Johon but energizing them with a feeling of haste. In Johon's anger he but extra weight behind his attack to deal an extra critical strike for 35 damage and decaying some of the dragon's scales. The Ancient Dragon stretched it's neck to reach Elgar to bite him for 10 damage, knocking him out. The dragon shook its head, trying to focus while the poison continued, dealing 21 damage (10 + 10 +1). Knifk's hand was burned by his still heated shield, causing 1 damage, but the heat had now dissipated.

Enemies:

battle-dragonicon.jpg

Deadly Venom
Deadly Venom
Venom
Decaying(3 turns)

Ancient Dragon

Type: None (Ancients take no extra damage from any type of gem)

Level: 20

Health: 538/1000

Special I: Ground Slam - Dragon jumps into the air and slams into the ground, damaging all opponents for 4 damage, (those in the back row take half damage)

Special II: Flame Breath - Blows flame onto everyone of the attacker's row dealing 3 fire damage. (Burns targets for 1 damage for additional two rounds unless a Remedy is used.)

Special III: Frost Breath - Blows frost onto everyone in the attacker’s row dealing 2 cold damage. (Covers the people in frost causes them to be slowed and miss their next turn)

Special IV: Lightning Breath - Electrocutes the attacker and hero next to him (next in party order of actions) for 2 damage and (Causes the
hastened
effect on those hit by the lightning for the next round)

Drops: Dragon’s Hoard (The dragon is blocking the view of the specific items in the hoard)

Note: A separate roll determines special used.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 12 Knight

Power:

Health:
3/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion x2, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 15 Rogue

Power:
25 (20 for throwing weapons, except 22 for Ancient Throwing Dagger )
Ignited (from Flame Breath 2 turns)

Health:
16/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 5 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged
Ignited (from Flame Breath 2 turns)
Hastened (1 turn)

Level 11.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
12/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potionx2, Meadx4

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
(Played by Bricksandparts)
Hastened (1 turn)

Level 14 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
20/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I-Mead I1I ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
0/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Orc Venom, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

100x100bard.jpg

The dragon stretched it's wings to loosen them up. Singerson took note and said "The dragon is spreading its wings. It might soon be preparing to depart...or preparing a new attack..."

Edited by Xarrzan

I attack from the back row with my meteor blade!

OoC: since you let the venom stack, would you allow my strikes from the Sword of Decay to stack? If so, I'll attack from the back row with my sword of decay.

Edited by Bricksandparts

I attack from the back row with my meteor blade!

OoC: since you let the venom stack, would you allow my strikes from the Sword of Decay to stack? If so, I'll attack from the back row with my sword of decay.

OoC: No, the sword of decay attack would not stack due to its own description.

100x100bard.jpg

"This group fights hard all the time! This group always knows how to rhyme!" sang Singerson.

OoC: Oh, I have two turns...

I jump onto the dragons leg and swing my meteor blade at it. Then I jump onto the back of the dragon and stab my meteor blade into the beast's back.

Hybros braced himself against the fiery breath of the dragon. His raggedy tunic caught on fire, and he patted at it furiously to try to put it out. At least his potion didn't go to waste, and thanks to Alf the dragon was now in full decay. He quickly tried to throw his Throwing Knife again from the back row.

The battle was taking a turn for the worse. One member down, and another close to the same fate. He hoped the dragon's opening wings signaled its departure, or else the party would have a hard time defeating it.