Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'emd' in content updated in the last year.
Found 4 results
Hello All, Finally after 3 years in the making I am presenting my first MOC. I wanted to start out with something easy and something local. This is obviously based off of Shup's great E7 NYC set, and shup helped a lot with some details a few years ago including the windshield design. I had a few tweaks of my own as I was trying to model this as close to 1:48 scale as possible. I hate doing decals, so this sat on my desk for 2 years gathering dust. Now she's all polished up and all that's left to do is decal her fully built sister! Without much further ado, some background and some pics: History of the L&N Spec drawing I went off of: And here's the MOC! All the photos.
As promised, my version of the Union Pacific EMD SD70. A lot of the build is the same as the BNSF version I did but there are some differences. Looking at the BNSF version they are easy to spot. Getting the last few pieces took longer than expected, hence the delay in building her. And putting the stickers was a real pain in the you know what. But I'm really satisfied on how she turn up in the end. MOC UP EMD SD70 by Barduck12, on Flickr
This is a model of a passenger unit of the Seaboard Air Line from the 1950s. This is basically the scheme that replaced the Orange Blossom scheme from the 1930s. The white colour should actually be a really light mint, but in almost any color photo from the era, it appears white. I kept the basic Super Chief shape for the nose because I think it is good enough for 6 wide trains. I'm probably not going to do much more with this one as it is a little late for for the era I am aiming for (30s - 40s), but it's still an interesting paint scheme.
Behold, my first large scale locomotive MOC, the EMD SD70ACe. The engine is 7 wide, and runs 48 studs in length from coupler magnet to coupler magnet. Everything is brick built, not a single sticker to be found on it. Motive power is provided from two PF Medium motors each driving an A1A wheel set. A PF receiver sits where the dynamic braking grid would be, and the battery box is accessed through the hole between the air horns. I know the locomotive number belongs to a GP-38, but it worked in the size. Given the motor locations, there wasn't any room to build the internals for the cab. And now, a shot of the internals. You can see the two PF Medium motors rather easily in here, along with the battery box and PF receiver. Given the generous length of the locomotive, I plan to upgrade it to two L motors next time I hit the LEGO store in Koln. It hauls a lot of wagons, but lacks speed. If the motor upgrade doesn't speed it up, at least I'll be able to haul a lot more. I'd like to thank everybody that's posted their MOCs up here. I've cribbed a few ideas from stuff to improve the looks.