I've been chatting with Nathan regarding his design and made a BrickLink order a couple weeks ago. Today, the last pieces arrived - 49 in total I think. I used the original Mecabricks design that preceded the one posted above. The main changes are around the engine bell, which are for the better, so I will be looking to get these pieces as soon as Nathan has had a chance to update it.
A couple of things I noticed from the build:
I wonder if there's a single bar with end stop that can run the length of the rocket - this would help with stability. At the moment it consists of a 6L bar with end stop and an 8L technic axle.
As I'm using the old design for the engine bell/fines, it freely rotates (it didn't do this in real life!) - the updated design will fix this.
The launch pad in an excellent touch, and the rocket balances fine.
As you can see it scales nicely against the Saturn V and really puts the size difference into perspective. (Ignore the wonkiness, I didn't press down the pieces well enough before taking the photo).
DSCF2570 by Danial Sturge, on Flickr
DSCF2573 by Danial Sturge, on Flickr
Thanks again for this design!