Louie le Brickvalier

[Flickr Find] Pirate Rock by David Frank

12 posts in this topic

[pid][/pid] 244B

12217918466_cea832c48e_z.jpg

A few days ago Flickr user David Frank (Fraslund) presented us with this incredible pirate base. All of the details in this are majestic! I think I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves:

12217722574_176a4fe137_z.jpg12217506093_2ffcb7ea7d_z.jpg

You can find more photos on his photostream. :pir-classic:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Interesting find. Not crazy for the colour scheme, but the building is remarkable!

Interesting find. Not crazy for the colour scheme, but the building is remarkable!

David based his creation off this sculpture by a landscape modeling artist named Trull. In my opinion, he did an excellent job contrasting Trull's use of color to LEGO bricks. :pir-classic:

Is the green supposed to be moss? If so, that explains the colouring. Good stuff nevertheless.

The green could represent a copper plating. Regardless it is a great MOC and a very good find! I think there is more reddish brown in there than I have in my entire collection! I see some nice details in there. I also find this MOC to be more.. alive than many of his incredibly huge other panoramas. Fraslund seems to have a good eye for piratey stuff pirate_laugh2.gif

Fantastic creation!

Edited by Godtshep