Heroica RPG - Quest #26: Quarry Clean Up

Battle Order

Knifk

Johon

Hybros

Guts

Elgar

Bard Song: Lady Luck's Lure

Knifk roars in response to the beast, though his bellow pales in comparison to its ferocious howl. He fearlessly charges the beast, hacking away with Tfel, but the sheer sonic force of the roar prevented him from reaching the front row, so he attacked from the back row.

Edited by Bioniclover

Johon attacks the dragon with all his might from the front row with his Meteor blade from the front row!

"I want my sword of Decay to be most useful with the Encourage The Horde song!"

Singerson strummed the guitar and began to sing Lady Luck's Lure...

Results of Round One of the Ancient Dragon Battle:

>Knifk vs. Ancient Dragon - Damage/Critical Hit ....[((9*2) + 12)/2 = 15]

>Johon vs. Ancient Dragon - Miss/Shield ..............[(8 + 14)/2 = 11]

>Hybros vs. Ancient Dragon - Damage/Critical Hit .[((10 * 2) + 15)/2 = 18]

>Guts vs. Ancient Dragon - Shield/Miss ...............[(((8 * 3) + 11) * 2)/2 = 35]

>Elgar vs. Ancient Dragon - AIM/Damage .............[9 = 9]

The battle against the Ancient Dragon began. The dragon was about to deal damage but luck was on Knifk's side and he dodged and dealt a critical strike dealing 15 damage. Johon fought his fear to get to the front row but it was no use. He was about to miss the dragon but luck was with him and he went into a frenzy and dealt 11 damage to the dragon. Hybros used the length of his scythe to still connect with a critical hit, for 18 damage, and avoid the dragon's damage due to his amazing luck. Guts almost missed his target, but the alure of the dragon's hoard, and his team's luck, brought his strike back on target, dealing 35 damage and collecting 35 gold coins in the process. The frustrated dragon lashed out at Elgar to damage at least one member of the team, but his luck held strong and he aimed a perfect shot at the dragon. The combined gem attacks against the dragon shattered it's concentration and the aura of fear dissipated.

Enemies:

battle-dragonicon.jpg

Ancient Dragon

Type: None (Ancients take no extra damage from any type of gem)

Level: 20

Health: 912/1000

Special I: Ground Slam - Dragon jumps into the air and slams into the ground, damaging all opponents for 4 damage, (those in the back row take half damage)

Special II: Flame Breath - Blows flame onto everyone of the attacker's row dealing 3 fire damage. (Burns targets for 1 damage for additional two rounds unless a Remedy is used.)

Special III: Frost Breath - Blows frost onto everyone in the attacker’s row dealing 2 cold damage. (Covers the people in frost causes them to be slowed and miss their next turn)

Special IV: Lightning Breath - Electrocutes the attacker and hero next to him (next in party order of actions) for 2 damage and (Causes the
hastened
effect on those hit by the lightning for the next round)

Drops: Dragon’s Hoard (The dragon is blocking the view of the specific items in the hoard)

Note: A separate roll determines special used.

QM Note: Dragon emits Fear Aura, causing the Afraid effect to all members. Effect is removable by a mage at the cost of 10 ether. Once the effect is removed, the party can no longer be afraid of the dragon.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 12 Knight

Power:

Health:
19/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion x2, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Deadly Venom, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 15 Rogue

Power:
25 (20 for throwing weapons, except 22 for Ancient Throwing Dagger)

Health:
21/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, 2x Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 11.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potionx2, Meadx4, Venom

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
(Played by Bricksandparts)

Level 14 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
19/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I-Mead I1I ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Orc Venom, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Singerson finished the song and cheered "Haza! Stupendous showing gents! Amazingly coordinated attack! If all heroes in the hall are like you adventurers then no foe can dare stand against the hall!"

Edited by Xarrzan

I fought from the front row...

"Have him, her, whatever it is sing the Encourage The Horde song!"

If Knifk takes my advice, I'll attack from the front row with my Sword of Decay!

"Hm. Knifk, if you have the bard sing Fastest Flight, I can apply a bottle of deadly venom to my weapon. The earlier we do that the better. And if that be the case I'll use a deadly venom on Zoot's Reaper and then attack with it from the back row!"

Battle Order

Knifk

Hybros

Guts

Johon

Elgar

Bard Song: Fastest Flight

Knifk calls out to the bard to sing a quick ditty to speed their allies, then drinks a potion whilst attacking from the front row.

OOC: Do the effects of two poisons stack? If so, I'll apply Deadly Venom instead of drinking the potion.

OoC: Bricksandparts, the party was under the affects of "Afraid" which causes all members to stand in the back row.

"You want a speedy jig? You got it!" Singerson said while dancing feverishly and playing Fastest Flight...

Results of Round Two of the Ancient Dragon Battle:

Knifk - Apply Deadly Venom

Knifk vs. Ancient Dragon - Critical Hit...........[((9*2) + 12) = 30]

>Hybros - Apply Deadly Venom

>Hybros vs. Ancient Dragon - Hit ................[(10 + 15)/2 = 13]

>Guts - Apply Venom

>Guts vs. Ancient Dragon - Critical Hit.........[(((8 * 2) + 11) * 2)/2 = 27]

>Johon vs. Ancient Dragon - Miss

>Johon vs. Ancient Dragon - Damage

>Elgar vs. Ancient Dragon - Critical Hit........[(9 * 2) + 10 = 28]

>Elgar vs. Ancient Dragon - AIM.................[9 = 9]

The battle against the Ancient Dragon continued. The bard's song caused the members of the party to battle faster against the dragon. Knifk applied deadly venom to his longsword then slashed the dragon's snout for a critical strike of 30 damage, sending poison into the dragons head. Hybros followed suite and applied deadly venom to his scythe before hitting the dragon's stomach for 13 damage and poisoning the fleshy skin beneath the scales. Guts followed the same tactic, applying venom to his blade and then shoving his dagger to the hilt into the dragon's foot dealing a critical strike for 27 damage, poisoning the appendage. In his fury, the dragon slashed and missed Johon who jumped into the dragon's second attack to receive 10 damage. While the dragon was distracted, Elgar fired at the dragon's snout dealing a critical strike for 28 damage and then aiming for a precise hit of 9 damage. The dragon's head, stomach and foot were suffering from the poison entering its body and it suffered 21 damage (10 + 10 +1).

Enemies:

battle-dragonicon.jpg

Deadly Venom
Deadly Venom
Venom

Ancient Dragon

Health: 784/1000

Special I: Ground Slam - Dragon jumps into the air and slams into the ground, damaging all opponents for 4 damage, (those in the back row take half damage)

Special II: Flame Breath - Blows flame onto everyone of the attacker's row dealing 3 fire damage. (Burns targets for 1 damage for additional two rounds unless a Remedy is used.)

Special III: Frost Breath - Blows frost onto everyone in the attacker’s row dealing 2 cold damage. (Covers the people in frost causes them to be slowed and miss their next turn)

Special IV: Lightning Breath - Electrocutes the attacker and hero next to him (next in party order of actions) for 2 damage and (Causes the
hastened

Drops: Dragon’s Hoard (The dragon is blocking the view of the specific items in the hoard)

QM Note: Dragon emits Fear Aura, causing the Afraid effect to all members. Effect is removable by a mage at the cost of 10 ether. Once the effect is removed, the party can no longer be afraid of the dragon.

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 12 Knight

Power:

Health:
19/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion x2, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 15 Rogue

Power:

Health:
21/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 11.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potionx2, Meadx4

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)

Level 14 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
9/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I-Mead I1I ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Orc Venom, Potion (2), Venom, Spade

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

100x100bard.jpg

Singerson finished the song and said "Very organized attack! You'll make sure I'm not its snack!"

Edited by Xarrzan

Knifk roared in encouragement of his party and gestured for the bard to play an uplifting and epic boss battle tune as he led the attack on the Ancient Dragon from the Front row.

Battle Order

Knifk

Hybros

Guts

John

Elgar

Bard Song: Encourage the Horde

Guts let out a low growl, and snarls at Johon:

"Fool, you are going to get yourself killed, take a potion."

Guts let out a low growl, and snarls at Johon:

"Fool, you are going to get yourself killed, take a potion."

OoC: Wait, it says next round I get hastened effect, not the round it happens.

(Causes the hastened effect on those hit by the lightning for the next round)

So I would have just gotten a miss from my first roll.

Johon attacks the dragon from the back row, then if I am in danger of being KO'd I'll drink a potion, otherwise I attack the dragon twice.

@Bioniclover My name is Johon, not John! :sing:

"What are you talking about fool, the dragon has not unleashed lightning breath at all. :hmpf:"

OoC: sorry I'm getting all confused, I forgot tat that was the song the bard sang. Sorry for all this stuff I keep forgetting.

Ok, I attack from the back row with my sword of Decay.

Hybros attacks from the back row, with his Ancient Throwing Dagger.

100x100bard.jpg

"Encouraging song, all day long!" Singerson said before stomping the ground and playing Encourage The Horde...

Results of Round Three of the Ancient Dragon Battle:

Knifk vs. Ancient Dragon - Special [Flame Breath]

>Hybros vs. Ancient Dragon - Shield .....[((7 * 3) + 15) * 2 = 72]

>Guts vs. Ancient Dragon -Shield .........[(((8 * 3) + 11) * 2)/2 = 35]

>Johon - Potion

>Elgar vs. Ancient Dragon - Damage

The battle against the Ancient Dragon continued. The bard's song encouraged the members of the party to battle harder against the dragon. Knifk stayed close to the dragon to draw its fiery breath away from his team members and blocked the initial impact of the blast with his shield. The shield was burning hot and would cause him damage for the next two rounds. Hybros threw his dagger with extra strength, dealing 72 damage against the dragon and forcing 72 coins to rain from its scales. Guts followed a similar tactic, score a devastating hit of 35 damage and raining 35 coins to the quarry floor. Johon gulped down a potion to regain 10 points of health. In the dragon's pain, it lashed out its tail at Elgar dealing 10 damage. The dragon shivered as the poison entered it's system fully dealing, 21 damage (10 + 10 +1).

Enemies:

battle-dragonicon.jpg

Deadly Venom
Deadly Venom
Venom

Ancient Dragon

Health: 656/1000

hastened

Party:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*
Ignited (from Flame Breath)

Level 12 Knight

Power:

Health:
19/21

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Potion x2, Remedy, Floral Bomb, Bedroll

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 15 Rogue

Power:

Health:
21/23

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 5 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 6 Nostrums, 6 Meads, 6 Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)
Encouraged

Level 11.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/17

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Shovel, Potionx2, Meadx4

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)

Level 14 Barbarian

Power:
22 (14+8)

Health:
19/22 (21+1)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 10.5 Ranger

Power:

Health:
3/15

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:

100x100bard.jpg

Singerson finished the song and said "Stomp...stomp...stomp the dragon! Then...we'll...drink from flagons!"

Edited by Xarrzan