Sign in to follow this  
Lord Of The Fries

[MOC] Republic I-Wing

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey guys,

This is my entry for the FBTB Alphabet Fighter contest.

The aim of the contest was to build a ship representing a letter of the latin alphabet (check it out here).

I was planning to challenge myself by picking a letter with an unusual shape but due to the limit of bricks I have I decided to go with something a little easier.

So the name of my ship is:

The Republic I-Wing

The I-wing fighter was a small PA7 70-type starfighter used by the Republic in the Clone Wars. It was capable of hyperdrive and was the smallest ship in the galaxy to have a cloaking device. The I-wing was equipped with one turbo-laser, two proton torpedoes, four sublight boosters, one hyperdive thruster and a dual-class round engine on the front. This I-wing is piloted by Jedi Master Mace Windu and his astromech, R8-B7.

Main View:

5935578998_cf042f7378.jpg

Top View (showing it resembles the letter I):

5935018787_5187361ae2.jpg

Astromech (R8-B7):

5935019273_05490d35cb.jpg

One of the rules was to include space for a full Astromech Droid so I added a comparment on the back for R8 :classic: .

The Hyperdive and Sublight Thrusters:

5935580582_53a79938f8.jpg

This is showing the single hyperdive thruster and the four sublight boosters.

Well I hoped you guys liked it :grin: .

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

The ship 's pretty good considering that you had to make it look like an i ! I like the fact the you added some playability with those flick fire missiles . Overall , the ship is very good , and I wish you luck in the contest.

The ship 's pretty good considering that you had to make it look like an i ! I like the fact the you added some playability with those flick fire missiles . Overall , the ship is very good , and I wish you luck in the contest.

Thanks. When I put those Flick-fire missiles on, I thought someone would groan about it but you didn't, so thanks for the positive feedback.

Edited by Lord Of The Fries