Sign in to follow this  
getbusybrickin

Third Party Lego Customs

Greetings everyone. I was just browsing some of the third part sites that sell custom designed helmets for Star Wars characters, and for those of you who have purchased such items before, I had a couple questions. What is the difference between LEGO Brand, Arealight, and Clone Army customs? In particular I'm considering purchasing a Captain Rex helmet and I'm curious which company is superior between the three. Which company has the best quality of material? Which company's helmet is the most accurate? Thank you in advance if anyone answers!

All three use high quality materials as well as often the same process TLG uses for their figures albeit on a smaller scale. It honestly depends on your preference. CAC is really good though and has fast shipping.

I've bought several things from Arealight and their printing and moulding are very good quality. I've not ordered from CAC but I've heard good things about them.

Whether things are more accurate is up to you. Arealight's Fett jetpack is far more accurate than Lego's, at least to me. Add a BrickArms, BrickForge or Arealight EE-3 Carbine for your Fett and it's taken up a notch again.

Arealight had done a Sabine Wren helmet and torso before Lego released one and I'd probably say their helmet for Sabine was more accurate at least in terms of colour.