Sign in to follow this  
RMBP

Eiffleman's Architecture Scale Arc de Triomphe

For a few months I've been hooked to the Architecture Series, being able to collect the several of the recent official sets, bricklinking others and, most of all, skimming the web for Architecture MOCs of places I've been.

That's how I've came across Eiffleman's Lego Ideas entry (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/119116) with a suitably scaled Arc de Triomphe:

640x477.jpg

Upon seeing it I was hellbent of recreating this landmark and luckily Eiffleman was kind enough to provide enough details to allow "easy" reverse engineering.

The result, a very eye catching ~500 piece Architecture MOC with several interesting tricks up it's sleave, especially in the pedestals and the arched ceeling made of 1x1 tiles.

I had a blast getting to the "how did he do it" and I'm still rounding up some edges (namely the bas-reliefs in the mid section), but I'm quite happy with the overall look I was able to recreate, even though, unfortunately, some of the pieces Eiffleman uses do not exist in the indicated pieces (namely the statues).

Here are some pics of the main stages of the build:

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

I hope some of you enjoy this Eiffleman's MOC as much as I did (and do check another Eiffleman's Arc du Triomphe, in a larger scale).

Hello,

Apologies I have only found this forum and your version of my Lego Ideas project.You have managed to reverse engineer it perfectly. You also inspired me to build my own. There are photos and full building instructions at Architecture Arc De Triomphe

The cost of the trophy figures meant I restricted the build to use just 4. I couldn't afford to build the larger Arc de Triomphe I've posted on Lego Ideas - over 120 figures.

Great to see it made up.

Regards