LordDan

A Sinister Meeting...

14937074148_ab3efb2b17.jpg

sinister meeting 1 by lorddan413, on Flickr

In an dark, isolated tower somewhere along the Nocturnian-Mitgardian border...

An evil wizard uses his scrying orb to spy on an event occurring in Avalonia. At his side are two powerful men, one the leader of a powerful crime ring that operates in Avalonia( the one with the horns on his helmes and and bull shield), the other a Black Spire lieutenant( the one with two ninja swords). they are intently gazing at the images appearing in the orb and conversing with each other...

15123273442_a264943f33.jpg

sinister meeting 2 by lorddan413, on Flickr

Spire lieutenant: we cannot allow them to continue!

crime lord: I agree, having a fort fight in the middle of our route could be troublesome.

Spire: Troublesome!!!! Troublesome!!!! No it would not be troublesome, it would be disasterous!!!! Those stolen arms, armor and other goods are extreemly important to the black spire!!

crime boss: yes, I understand. However what do you expect me to do about it.

spire: I expect you to deal with them!!!!

crime boss: Of course you do! Look here, you pay me to approperiate these goods from our supplier and smuggle them through empty Avalonian countryside to the sea! You can expect me to deal with minor threats and such, but you can't expect me to risk the lives and saftey of my men to engage in combat with a large group of well trained knights!!

spire: I will offer you twenty percent more gold.

crime boss: ( instantly) Done!

My men will take down these foolish knights!

(the image in the scrying orb changes to the crime lord's men)

15100685046_8eaec1bbbf.jpg

Sinister meeting 4 by lorddan413, on Flickr

Spire: And just to make sure those bumbling fools you call troops succeed I will accompany you with a small squad of Black Spire troops, along with my personal bodyguards.

( the image on the scrying orb flashes to the Black Spire troops)

14937109177_626cec67bb.jpg

Sinister meeting 3 by lorddan413, on Flickr

Spire: ( turning to the wizard) Wizard, I will pay you a large sum of gold if you will accompany us on this mission. Your skills would come in handy...

Wizard: I accept. I will relish the challenge of defeating the mage. His " pet" will look great mounted on my wall and his head will hand outside my tower as a reminder of my power...

spire: speaking of that wolf, wasn't that one of our projects?!

Wizard: yes. Those orcs you hired utterly failed when it came time to defend the fortress against attackers. They all fell to that single mage!

( the lieutenant and crime boss leave)

Wizard: Wraiths, bring me my staff...

15100684546_41c0deb46c.jpg

Sinister meeting 5 by lorddan413, on Flickr

Additional pics:

14937153768_cdc609740a.jpg

Sinister meeting 6 by lorddan413, on Flickr

14937065990_fb8610b100.jpg

Sinister meeting 7 by lorddan413, on Flickr

about this moc: this was a small build to introduce all my evil figs, establish the story, and tease at my next moc( which was finished but then I decided to add more so I could use it as my task 5) also sorry about the really bad photo editing. all I wanted to do was make the smaller picture a circle and tinted blue( to fit inside the scrying orb) but no photo editor would do that!!!!!!!!( It was probably really easy but I couldn't figure it out)

c&c welcome

Hey Lord Dan, a diabolical little build and story! That orb room is quite the sinister hangout, great job with the decor (and awesome use of the scorpions on the standard!). Nice looking figs too, they look right at home in Nocturnus! The picture-within-an-orb effect is pretty cool and a neat way to hint at what you else you got in the works. I look forward to the continuation! Of course, with that said, your photography can be a little distracting and this great build is somewhat hampered by the photo quality. The second through fifth shots are great, could you not replicate those conditions for the overhead pics?

Wow, that is really wery dark. Wgerver did you get that scary minifig head. You might want to try to improve you picture editing skills though. :wink:

Oh this is very cool! I love the scrying picture and all the old minifigure parts!

Cool interior!!! Also great job with putting a picture in an existing picture!! Only remark is that you could have used Word to make the edges of the inner picture round :)

Hey Lord Dan, a diabolical little build and story! That orb room is quite the sinister hangout, great job with the decor (and awesome use of the scorpions on the standard!). Nice looking figs too, they look right at home in Nocturnus! The picture-within-an-orb effect is pretty cool and a neat way to hint at what you else you got in the works. I look forward to the continuation! Of course, with that said, your photography can be a little distracting and this great build is somewhat hampered by the photo quality. The second through fifth shots are great, could you not replicate those conditions for the overhead pics?

Thanks! Yeah the overhead shot we pretty bad. My phone automatically increases the brightness so you can see the dark bits, but the already well lit bits look bad as a result. It's hard to make it look very good when its a black build.

Awesome. The Knights Kingdom II parts look great!

Thanks! Yeah, that my favorite theme when I was younger so I have a lot of parts from it. I put it there so there wasn't black behind the standard.

Nice figs, and this story is shaping up to be awesome!

Nice little vig :) the mini figures are cool and so is the story :)

Thanks! :)

Wow, that is really wery dark. Wgerver did you get that scary minifig head. You might want to try to improve you picture editing skills though. :wink:

Did mean the wizards head? If so it is from Ogel from Alpha Team. The wraiths heads are Voldemort/Quirrel from the old harry potter theme and the other wraith's head is from the New Guardians of the Galaxy theme. :)

Yeah I'm actually pretty fair at photo editing when I'm using software I know. I used photo editing apps from my phone, since I forgot that Word on the computer would have worked.

Oh this is very cool! I love the scrying picture and all the old minifigure parts!

Thanks! I got all of my old minifigures and parts from a few cousins who were done with their legos( they both only had mostly minifigures left and not too too much else).

Cool interior!!! Also great job with putting a picture in an existing picture!! Only remark is that you could have used Word to make the edges of the inner picture round :)

I knew I had done it before! I just couldn't remember where! also thanks :)

Nice standard!

Thanks! I already had that built, and then I decided to use it for this( it was origional lay going to be te standard for the crime boss, but it fit so well into the wizards base)

Wow, the stage in last pic looks very nice and I love the special effect in 2nd pic. Great job!!!

Nice story mate and that picturewith the globe is superb!

Thank! :)