My phase 3 build for the Wall category in AoM. My main goals for this build were to experiment with making walls with batter (sloped sections), hoardings (the wooden addittions to the tower), and larger buildings than what I generally build. The apothecary hinges open and has a full interior, and I think the windows right under the gables are a new design.

Daydelon continued to expand: new businesses such as apothecaries, blacksmith's, and coopers were popping up throughout the city. And eventually the small stone wall didn't provide enough space or protection. As such, a new much larger stone wall strengthened with towers was built.

overview.JPGleft.JPGback.JPGback2.JPGtower.JPGtower-top.JPGhouse.JPGinterior.JPG

beds2.JPG

fire.JPG

You can see more pictures here: link

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

That's really cool! Love the wooden section, and the apothecary is brilliant too, that corner entrance is awesome!

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love that you've included an interior of the house and I like your rubble filled walls!

Awesome! Love the details, the structure of the wall, the slopes under the tower, everything! Great work!

Awesome wall Isaac... I really love that red house a lot too! Very coolio phase 3

Wow SK, this is one of your best! Love the wall, the bottom sloping section is great, and the house is awesome! Love the shields and snowscape too! Awesome job! :classic::thumbup:

Wow, everything about this is just so perfect! I really like the house and the chimney looks awesome! :thumbup:

Excellent phase 3 entry, this is the way to go! My favorite part is how well you've done the angled parts at the bottom of the wall and tower.

I have to echo my friend Gideon here! I really like how you done the angled part! Great work! The house on the back is so SK and I love the interior!

Really excellent work. The red tudor-style section is very vibrant and provides a great contrast to the wall :thumbup:

The Moccing Machine strikes again! I love the classical SK feel of this build. The walls, the red house with the nice chimney and of course also the interior totally make this build! Also, you're building at some very impressive speed again :thumbup:.

Very nice!! As others said got to love those angles. The red house is also perfect. And I like that you have build the interiors. Very nice...

Amazing work. For me, it's the little details that stand out this time as by this point seeing architecture this good from you is no surprise.

Epic MOC SK! That's one of the nicest Tudor buildings I've seen in a long time, and the interior is fantastic too!

I just wish there were a couple things hanging on the walls inside the second story.

Awesome tower and wall SK! The texturing of the wall and the snow looks very nice! The "hoarding" looks great, and I really like how you made the supports!

That's really cool! Love the wooden section, and the apothecary is brilliant too, that corner entrance is awesome!

Thanks LV, the hoardings and entrance to the house were two of my favorite sections :classic:

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love that you've included an interior of the house and I like your rubble filled walls!

Thanks MKJ, I always have to have interiors :wink: Glad you like the rubble filling to the walls :classic:

Awesome! Love the details, the structure of the wall, the slopes under the tower, everything! Great work!

Thanks Alfadas!

Awesome wall Isaac... I really love that red house a lot too! Very coolio phase 3

Thanks Gunman, glad you like it :classic:

Wow SK, this is one of your best! Love the wall, the bottom sloping section is great, and the house is awesome! Love the shields and snowscape too! Awesome job! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum! Glad you noticed the shields on the tower :classic:

Wow, everything about this is just so perfect! I really like the house and the chimney looks awesome! :thumbup:

Thank you :classic:

Excellent phase 3 entry, this is the way to go! My favorite part is how well you've done the angled parts at the bottom of the wall and tower.

Thanks Gideon, as long as you don't do corners (I still haven't figured a way to do corners without some very small gaps), sloping sections of walls are quite easy to pull off :classic:

I have to echo my friend Gideon here! I really like how you done the angled part! Great work! The house on the back is so SK and I love the interior!

Thanks dG, I had fun with this interior, it was plenty big enough for all I wanted to put in :classic:

Really excellent work. The red tudor-style section is very vibrant and provides a great contrast to the wall :thumbup:

Thank you :classic:

Wow! The interior for the apothicary is great! And I really like the hoardings.

Thanks TUB :classic:

The Moccing Machine strikes again! I love the classical SK feel of this build. The walls, the red house with the nice chimney and of course also the interior totally make this build! Also, you're building at some very impressive speed again :thumbup:.

Thanks Simon! And I'm hoping to keep this speed going for a bit :wink:

That's really cool SK. I like the wooden part.

Very nice!! As others said got to love those angles. The red house is also perfect. And I like that you have build the interiors. Very nice...

Thanks cesbrick, glad you like it :classic:

Amazing work. For me, it's the little details that stand out this time as by this point seeing architecture this good from you is no surprise.

Thanks mccoyed, I had fun with the little details, my favorite of which was a fire place set with poker and shovel in the first floor of the house :classic:

Epic MOC SK! That's one of the nicest Tudor buildings I've seen in a long time, and the interior is fantastic too!

I just wish there were a couple things hanging on the walls inside the second story.

Thanks mrcp6d! And some wall hangings would have been really cool, I'll remember that idea for future interiors :thumbup:

Awesome tower and wall SK! The texturing of the wall and the snow looks very nice! The "hoarding" looks great, and I really like how you made the supports!

Thanks Hammerhand, the supports are quite simple, but I liked how they looked :classic:

Excellent Moc! The hoardings look great. I think the building inside the walls is well done and the small touches like the rubble in the wall cross section send it to the next level.

Fantastic build! Love the red Tudor building. The curved fireplace inside is nicely done. I'll echo others in the angled bottom to the walls is very well done.

Thanks Gideon, as long as you don't do corners (I still haven't figured a way to do corners without some very small gaps), sloping sections of walls are quite easy to pull off :classic:

I think the convex corners look nice, but concave corners are trickier I assume? That's also the case with 75 degree slopes however...

Excellent Moc! The hoardings look great. I think the building inside the walls is well done and the small touches like the rubble in the wall cross section send it to the next level.

Thanks!

Fantastic build! Love the red Tudor building. The curved fireplace inside is nicely done. I'll echo others in the angled bottom to the walls is very well done.

Thank you, happy to hear you like the fireplace :classic:

I think the convex corners look nice, but concave corners are trickier I assume? That's also the case with 75 degree slopes however...

Well I was referring to the fact that even my convex corners here have some slight gaps. I haven't done much with concave corners yet, I'll have to experiment with those :classic:

This looks fantastic!

I thought grill bricks don't work that well for medieval builds but this creation totally assured me that I am completely wrong.

The tower with the wooden palisade and the angled wall on the ground looks really great, I really like that technique.

Of course the house looks also great, that color contrast between red and grey looks great and I also appreciate the fact that the house is fully furnished.

Maybe I will also have a try on the AoM wall challenge some time.

Not so fond of all those 1x2 profile bricks, but you have to work with what you have, right? But it is just freaking awesome! So much details to look at! For trying out some new things you did very well...