Once we arrived in Avalonia I joined myself to a body of Avalonians and began at once to scout out the position of the drow and try to find out what they were doing. One day, about a week after we stared, I noticed that one of the men appeared to be missing. A few hours later he came running into the camp were we had stopped for the day without his horse and obviously extremely excited.

“Sir,” he exclaimed, “we have finally found them!”

“I suppose that explains why you did not arrive here at the same time as the rest?” I questioned dryly.

This seemed to put slightly him out of ease, and he shifted about before answering.

“Well sir, you know that I was told to follow you at a little distance and make sure the drow were not following us. Anyhow after a while – ahem – I, well, I fell behind a bit,” and seeing that I was going to question him he quickly added “Never mind why.”

I was not positive, but I had a very shrewd guess as to what had happened.

14435004132_0c78ed3fe0_z.jpg

“And?”

“After extracting myself from that ridiculous saddle I proceeded to attempt to clean myself off a little when I heard someone else coming down the road. Knowing that in these days it is always well to remain concealed, I hastily hid, after disposing of the saddle. In a few seconds a couple of figures came along, one a Drow and the other apparently a Varlyrian.

‘You know,’ quoth the Varlyrian, ‘I do think I rather uncivilized of you all to try to simply overwhelm you enemies by sheer numbers. Strategy, my friend: that is the way to proceed.’

14249682449_f7a8246d92_z.jpg

“As his comrade did not seem to disapprove he continued, ‘For example that fortress on the hill over there that we were reconnoitering,’ and he point up toward a fork in the road, ‘I know that you could just through five thousand Drow at it, lose half, and take the castle, but you could save almost all of them by using a little stratagem. Listen carefully. We shall only – Ahhh!’ and at that he tumbled into the mud puddle, as he had not been paying the slightest attention where he was going. After his friend had dragged him out he exclaimed suspiciously, ‘Someone has been mucking around in this.’

‘Besides you?’ laughed his companion.

‘Never mind,’ he said testily, ‘As I was saying, we shall only use a small force to entice the defenders out of the castle. The rest of the men shall lie in ambush behind, and when they come out, the ambush can enter the fortress and help the other force destroy those who have sallied out. Only one thing, mind you, I shall be going with the ambush, not with the small force that will in all probability be annihilated. Still it will be far better than losing a few thousand troops.’

And they proceeded to walk on, while I came here as fast as possible.”

“Thank you for the information. And now you will go find your horse sir. Once you have found it come back to me and I will give you a message for Lord Simon. Just don’t be falling into mud puddles with it if you please.”

14435004882_21e62939fb_z.jpg

- Sir Douglass Winzer

I would like to recieve UoP credit for

Landscape Design: trees (1)

C&C are welcome!

Awesome! Love everything! Especially the path and the fig posing!

Thanks LV!

Well done with the puddle. Haha.

Great work mate! In this vig, everything flows together very nicely. The path with the puddle, the landscaping with the trees and on the top of it some great fig posing.

Again, great job sir.

:laugh: Great work, especially with the posing when he's in the puddle! :thumbup: +1 on the credit!

Nice! Excellent minifig posing. +1 UoP DoH credit

Thanks, the posing was what inspired the entire thing :laugh:

Great work mate! In this vig, everything flows together very nicely. The path with the puddle, the landscaping with the trees and on the top of it some great fig posing.

Again, great job sir.

Thanks Simon!

:laugh: Great work, especially with the posing when he's in the puddle! :thumbup: +1 on the credit!

Thanks! :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

Ha, great posing in that first picture! I really like the cobblestone path, too. Sadly, I somehow don't have any of those circle/tile pieces in gray (don't know the actual piece name)... Another item for the "get" list. :laugh:

Brilliant Fig posing Garmadon. Great story, and a cool series of vigs. Love the puddle!

Oh, so it was mud. I thought..something else. :wacko:

Thanks all!

Ha, great posing in that first picture! I really like the cobblestone path, too. Sadly, I somehow don't have any of those circle/tile pieces in gray (don't know the actual piece name)... Another item for the "get" list. :laugh:

Thanks Hammerhand, and yes, the round tiles are quite useful: I got a bunch at a PaB wall :wink:

Brilliant Fig posing Garmadon. Great story, and a cool series of vigs. Love the puddle!

Thanks Robuko!

:laugh: No, just mud.

Great fig posing!

Thanks Torgar!

I thought the same thing! Also +1 to UoP

I thought the same thing! Also +1 to UoP

Ha, ha, thanks Kayne :laugh:

BTW, if you could finish of the UoP approvals for these other three builds (FP 1, Dense Foilage 2, Shipping by sea 3) I would appreciate it :wink:

P.s. Some of them are old threads, so please don't bump them :grin:

+1 UoP vote (if you still need it - I think I only count three) for Landscape Design: Tree 1.

+1 UoP vote (if you still need it - I think I only count three) for Landscape Design: Tree 1.

Thanks, I already had four though :wink:

Haha that horse... mud is such a great detail! Some really nice posings of your figs!! :wub:

Haha that horse... mud is such a great detail! Some really nice posings of your figs!! :wub:

Thanks dG! The mud was also quite nice since it kept the minifig in place a little better :laugh:

Edited by Garmadon

Hey Garmadon... thats a great idea and GREAT execution..... lovely minifig posing there!

Mud looks really nice, and so do the trees!

Thanks Thomas of Tortuga!

Hey Garmadon... thats a great idea and GREAT execution..... lovely minifig posing there!

Thanks Gunman :wink:

Hahahaha this made me laugh :D such a great minifig posing! Also nice story :)

Nice build! I must admit at first I thought the man was falling through the ground into one of the drow tunnels below. But after reading, I can say you did a great job making it look like mud splashing. :thumbup: