gallery_2351_18_164.gif

'Oh hello! My name is C-3PO, human cyborg relations!'

Hi guys! This is my first post on the Eurobricks Star Wars forum, so I'm sorry if things aren't 100% legit. :wacko:

After I built the 10018 Darth Maul Bust I wondered if it was possible to make an UCS LEGO C-3PO bust. Inspired by Erik Varsegi's life sized LEGO C-3PO I built a 1:1 life sized bust that took me 3 months. I started with yellow LEGO bricks (ordered from Bricklink), which I spray painted gold afterwards for a realistic effect. I know a lot of you don't like painting your LEGO, but this is an exception, because I will never take the bust apart and use the bricks for other purposes. Besides, ordering these bricks in gold from Bricklink is incredibly expensive, because it contains 9000+ pieces and some bricks are not available in gold. :blush:

post-5026-0-73745600-1395991612_thumb.jpg

C-3PO's head can turn 180° degrees. The top of his head is removable and the inside is hollow so you have acces to the eyes. And of course, his eyes lit up like in the movie! The bust weights about 12 kilograms (26,5 pounds).

May the force be with you! :classic:

Whoa, this is amazing!

Personally, I don't care that you spray painted it. The final result looks awesome and it's a great piece of art!

I gave it a try on photoshop.

904718st07.jpg

I did not put correct informations.

Tell me if your are interested.

9000 parts... yeah.. that would be expensive in gold bricks! It is a lovely bust though, so I think we can forgive you for painting bricks :wink:

Lovely work. :wub: It's always great to see a truly LEGOLAND-esque sculpture like this. I'm not sure how close of a match the paint is (It looks like a slightly more reddish shade of the Gold Lacquer color.), but it looks fantastic.

Thank you for your compliments guys! You made my day. :cry_happy:

I gave it a try on photoshop.

[snip]

I did not put correct informations.

Tell me if your are interested.

Thanks! I'll give it a try! :classic:

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

Saw it on flickr and was speechless!!!!

Absolut stunning work - this is only i can say to it :wink: .

MUST HAVE THIS :laugh:

markus

Great sculpture. I love the eyes. What paint did you use and how well does it adhere to the bricks?

"Sir, If I may venture an opinion..."

...this model is fantastic!

Yellow bricks spray painted gold!!! Great idea! :thumbup: Yellow is not very interesting as a colour and for a design this good it was the right decision to paint them!

Brilliant work!! :wub:

Thank you guys so much! :blush:

Perfect, very nice work, what does it weigh?

It weights about 12 kilograms (26,5 pounds) :grin:

Great sculpture. I love the eyes. What paint did you use and how well does it adhere to the bricks?

3 cans of golden spray paint, very cheap, but it gets the job done! And it adheres perfectly to the bricks- no bubbels or whatsoever :wink: