legolijntje

[Contest] LDD/LDraw Contest 2014 Entry Topic: Rendering

contest%20main%20image%20600px.jpg?dl=1&token_hash=AAFg7AiPFmmCTX_aLLOFfuuGfOGE7Yjbc0mGuweNGBFL4Q

Welcome!

Welcome to the 2014 Eurobricks Digital Contest for Ldraw and LDD tools.

This years theme is to create your LEGO dream home; build any kind

of building or construction that you'd like to live in - house, cottage, bioshpere, tree house...

This is the entry topic for the rendering category

Please read the rules and post your model here.

• One entry per member per class. You may enter one MOC in each of thee three classes (free build, microscale and rendering)
  • Entries are to be placed in the correct entry topic in this forum. Entries not in the correct entry topic are not eligible for voting.
  • You may create a separate topic for your creation in the specific theme forum (i.e not in the Digital Design forum), but you should also place your entry in the entry topic.
  • The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 1 posted picture of 800x600 or smaller resolution. You may link to higher resolutions of course.
  • A little Photoshop is allowed for the picture, but only white balance, background editing etc. The model itself should remain unchanged.
  • You must share your digital file in the free build and micro-scale class. This is both to allow other people do judge your digital techniques when voting, but also to share in the spirit of the community.
  • You don't have to share the file in the rendering class. On the other hand, in the rendering class, you must (if you win) share how you did the render (it doesn't have to be a detailed guide, but some tips and tricks at least).
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

ONLY POST ENTRIES IN THIS TOPIC! COMMENTS AND OTHER POSTS WILL BE REMOVED.

If you want to show your model to other users and let them comment on your moc, just make a topic in the correct subforum like any other moc.

Here is our entry, pbat and me. Island of dreams build by pbat. Render by me.

Secial thanks to Aanchir and LDD team, for some of CMF minifigs.

LDD2Povray / Render time 26 min / no edit / 30 lights / 2048x1536 AA / 2000+ pcs

More pics: https://flic.kr/p/kPxayg/ https://flic.kr/p/kPwDLc/ https://flic.kr/p/kPwuMF/

13841336604_66702d17d2_c.jpg

pbat and bbqqq EB LDD Contest Rendering Entry by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Techniques:

Fast and accurate light code, POV-ray lights position coordinates auto obtain/generate/adjust at once by excel functions.

This technique save a lot of time for scene with many lights as this entry.

- 1,000 auto-gen lights for transparent bricks of Bob De Quatre 's MOC _lava scene rendering test: https://flic.kr/p/mNwVRM

- 2,600 transparent bricks relation light sources auto-gen : https://flic.kr/p/mtNDQQ

- 10,000 light sources auto-gen inside 10,000 transparent tiles render experiment: https://flic.kr/p/m8HmVi

- Accurate light inside a transparent minifig head for iron man and Vitruvius 's glowing eyes: Iron Man LDD2povray LED eyes test

- Accurate light inside a transparent top paint brush = two candles in this entry. Lego movie Vitruvius decal cast shadow test LDD2povray

Edited by bbqqq

Here is my entry for the Digital Rendering Contest:

2014_Eurobricks_Digital_Contest_Rendering_Papacharly_2.jpg

This is the dream home I would like to live in. Its an “open space” concept providing everything you really need for feeling comfortable: Bedroom, dining room, open chimney and, last but not least, a bar.

It’s made from black, white, chrome silver, trans clear and some trans neon orange bricks. And a lot of light sources. And some ”water”. The scenery consists of around 3000 parts and around 70 light sources.

The model was built by SR 3D, strings were generated by MLCad/LSynth. The model was transferred to Povray by LDview.

Please find some more renders here.

15.04.2014: What you see now is "as rendered". If you have a close look, you can see "falling lines" here. That means, that most vertical lines are not parallel to each other. For my first entry I corrected these "falling lines" by use of an image editor (free transform/distort). But as I have learned now, this is not allowed. Sorry! My new entry now is absolutely legit. I did only some cropping.

Edited by papacharly

Here's my dream home : a time-traveling one. Model built with LDD, rendered with POV-Ray. I added two additional light sources (the sonic screwdriver and the light on the top of the cabin), a reflective base plane, and some custom decals generated with polygons. The screwdriver also has a chrome effect.

finalt13.jpg

(Click the pic to see the full-res)

Hello guys!

As some of you may know, I am a fellow architecture fan and I do achieve architectural study. So it is somehow following this idea that I made my dream house. I'm just warning you it is going to be lets say not a conventionnal way to present a project. I may precise a Lego project. Architects sometimes use posters to show their realization and for this one I really want you to feel and understand my reflexion. It is somehow part of the realism of the project.

I do believe you can only count the close up for this category.

Please enjoy these four render close up of my Z shape project. To see the entire entry please look the free build topic.

13854081825_6746550041_c.jpg

Thank you!

And good luck everyone!

Harton

Hello,

here is my contribution to the render contest. It's a LDraw house I build for Free Build part of the competition (see other renders and l3b file in the Free Build topic). I used only Blender for the picture, no other image processing software was used. Some small image corrections (brightness, contrast, color correction etc.) could probably produce better results, however rules are rules.

13870692294_d1b023652a_c.jpg