Sign in to follow this  
TomatoSoup

[MOC/MOD] High Altitude Airspeeder

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

We meet again, EB! I present to you today my first (true) MOC i've built, a High Altitude Airspeeder or HAAS. It was a fun build, but i cheated a bit :tongue: as i used the cockpit of the Geonosian starfighter, so you might call it a MOD instead. But as obvious as it is, most of the parts are taken and made from the same set.

Without further ado, the pictures:

12400794513_94c5ff586b_b.jpg

Here you can see my friend John, modeling as a pilot or driver for the airspeeder.

12400791843_55def72a8f_b.jpg

Front-top view (i have no idea how to explain this angle)

12400657635_bca1374b15_b.jpg

Front view. Kinda menacing, isn't it? :laugh:

12400657785_7d9fc14d77_b.jpg

Side view.

12400795653_fb073b8e8a_b.jpg

A view of its behind.

12401095904_736d936bcf_b.jpg

A view of the 'engines'.

12400791983_685dbdc932_b.jpg

Side view of the 'engines'

12400791643_14cb6b1aec_b.jpg

And a view of the cockpit.

That's all folks! and thanks for viewing. comments and criticism are definitely welcome! :sweet:

12400798043_8b39996251.jpg

oh and John bids goodbye as well :laugh:

Look really nice, it reminds me of the swoop racers from the KoTOR game.

I thought the same thing! It looks razor-sharp fast! Great build!

This is a really nice and quite believable speeder you'managed to make with limited pieces. It looks like it's influenced by the speeder bike fro VI, and I like that.

The engine is an interesting part, but it's a pitty there aren't any visible exhausts, that are pretty characteristic for speeders. The interior of the cockpit is another gem of modest functionality. The only problem I have is that it isn't a closed canopy, or there isn't a special suit for the pilot, since it's a high-altitude speeder.

Keep building these beautiful models with excellent curves and shapes!

Thanks for the compliments! :sweet: i for one have never played KOTOR before, but i'm fond of the Old Republic era, and since i'm playing SWTOR, i'm looking forward to make more MOCs based on that era.

This is a really nice and quite believable speeder you'managed to make with limited pieces. It looks like it's influenced by the speeder bike fro VI, and I like that.

The engine is an interesting part, but it's a pitty there aren't any visible exhausts, that are pretty characteristic for speeders. The interior of the cockpit is another gem of modest functionality. The only problem I have is that it isn't a closed canopy, or there isn't a special suit for the pilot, since it's a high-altitude speeder.

Keep building these beautiful models with excellent curves and shapes!

Whoops! seems like i forgot the picture of the underside :sceptic: Here:

12593596794_41001b8182_b.jpg

It's not much, but it does have an exhaust! :grin: as for the altitude issue, i should've noted that it has 2 models, one for civilian use (not that high of an altitude, same as normal airspeeders) and another for official uses (alternate colors, and higher altitude adjustments) and this one is the civilian model. Hope it clears things up :blush:

Edited by TomatoSoup