Sign in to follow this  
Xyver

Heartlake City layout

gallery_15845_212_1480.png

The other layout I do is Heartlake City, this was the layout over the weekend at the Gold Coast Brick Event.

DSC_0074_zpsc475cc10.jpg

DSC_0075_zps69f71e63.jpg

DSC_0080_zpsa6b1c561.jpg

DSC_0091_zpse95e1990.jpg

DSC_0081_zpsaf98519e.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsb378ef34.jpg

DSC_0088_zps4c31650f.jpg

DSC_0083_zps936606cc.jpg

DSC_0084_zpsfee2e40c.jpg

DSC_0085_zps9f92ddf6.jpg

DSC_0086_zps0779dba1.jpg

DSC_0092_zps74900477.jpg

Don't let my daughter see this or I'll be building a copy for her. I've done a smaller scale layout but our LEGO table can only hold the town part or the ranch or the beach, not all at once. It looks so much better with everything on there at once. The only thing that stuck out for me as needing improvement is the location of the showers at the pool. The way it sits now, I'm afraid some of the children in the school could be a bit distracted.

Last picture on the bottom right, did you cut a road plate in half?

Edited by meyerc13

Love the layout 'Xyver' especially the row of shops....man, in the end I feel you'll end up with your own Cavill Ave. eh ? :laugh:

Brick On with your Friend's 'Xyver' ! :grin:

meyerc13, it always amazes me that there is no back on that toilet block. I guess with only a few men in town, the girls aren't too worried about being seen. And yes, I did cut a road plate in half. I needed a half plate for my Modular City layout, and this layout joined onto another Friends layout that another member of our group did. I wish LEGO would produce 32x16 road plates, they come in very handy at times, especially if you want to line up driveways or use a 48x48 building.

LT, with Friends continually releasing shop sets, my shopping precinct will continue to grow. Though with the new Ranch set, I will also have to increase the horse area, so maybe I will move the Vet over to that section. Either way, I'm going to require more space the next time my layout is on display. And I haven't even started on Friends MOCs yet! (though may just keep the whole display as sets and leave my MOCcing to my city stuff)

Nice little layout, love the Giant Tree! I think Friends will release a train next year, Heart Lake is growing at a quick rate and I think the town is ready for a train line/station.

I would be surprised to see a Friends train this soon. Trains, particularly model trains are very gender oriented to boys.

Maybe a Friends airport with some of the girl minidolls as pilots/airhostesses, with one boy/man minidoll. Then some of the minidolls flying off on a holiday. :)

Although a bus station might be needed too. :)

Nice layout. Good integration with Creator sets.

Funny, I was thinking a Friends train to run through the town too.

Woow. Looking great. Really "friend" like. I love how you have made your sea. Very simple though very effective.

That big tree in the middle of everythingh is also very cool and does break the layout in a positive way.

Well done :)

Looks great! I really like what you've done around the pool!