technicmad

Bricksafe - A new way to share LEGO files

Hi, this looks like brilliant website to share photos and you've clearly put alot of care and thought into it and I'm thinking of joining it, one question can you upload photos onto EB?

Hi, this looks like brilliant website to share photos and you've clearly put alot of care and thought into it and I'm thinking of joining it, one question can you upload photos onto EB?

Ha, of course. You can upload your full sized photos to Bricksafe, and link to it from Eurobricks in an 800x600 resolution just by appending a special code on the URL. My blog post describes how it all works :)

Can you use your Rebrickable profile to log into Bricksafe?

Edited by Phoxtane

Technicmad, you (again) did a really great job in making a very useful website. Was thinking of building a website of my own, to host some of my pictures, but you beat me to it. And luckily you did, because it's a great tool!

As always you have a high standard of usability! As a user and as a developer myself I can only compliment you with your work. :thumbup:

I won't bother you with suggestions, because they will probably be too obvious. However, I have found a bug. Resizing doesn't take into account the orientation of the picture. My 800x600 portrait picture is cropped/cut off.

Ha, of course. You can upload your full sized photos to Bricksafe, and link to it from Eurobricks in an 800x600 resolution just by appending a special code on the URL. My blog post describes how it all works :)

Linking an image results in this error, since the url doesn't end with .jpg:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Might be a good idea to rewrite the url so it ends with .jpg. Currently it's not possible to link an image other than the original. Or am I missing something?

Edited by Ted

I do like the fact that you can resize to any size you want. Thumbs up for that one :thumbup:

Do you have a public backlog or something with features you'd like to add?

• Cover image for a page (it now shows a generic image)

Technicmad, you (again) did a really great job in making a very useful website. Was thinking of building a website of my own, to host some of my pictures, but you beat me to it. And luckily you did, because it's a great tool!

As always you have a high standard of usability! As a user and as a developer myself I can only compliment you with your work. :thumbup:

I won't bother you with suggestions, because they will probably be too obvious. However, I have found a bug. Resizing doesn't take into account the orientation of the picture. My 800x600 portrait picture is cropped/cut off.

Please send your suggestions to me anyway!

Linking an image results in this error, since the url doesn't end with .jpg:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Might be a good idea to rewrite the url so it ends with .jpg. Currently it's not possible to link an image other than the original. Or am I missing something?

Well, that's incredibly annoying. Test: 32x32.jpg It should work now by adding .jpg to the end, eg /800x600.jpg to get around the forum's requirements. That feels so dirty though :(

Well, that's incredibly annoying. Test: 32x32.jpg It should work now by adding .jpg to the end, eg /800x600.jpg to get around the forum's requirements. That feels so dirty though :(

I know what you mean, but sometimes dirty does the trick :wink:

Okay, I will see what issues/suggestions I have and send it to you. Do you want these suggestions in this topic or PM?

Ps not sure how this went without the .jpg addition, but Save As works great now as well, since the .JPG is appended :thumbup:

Okay, I will see what issues/suggestions I have and send it to you. Do you want these suggestions in this topic or PM?

Ps not sure how this went without the .jpg addition, but Save As works great now as well, since the .JPG is appended :thumbup:

Please email support@bricksafe.com.

So what would happen if the file extension was something other than jpg? Would it still display correctly? Lets say i upload image.png. That would become image.png.jpg if i'm right.

So what would happen if the file extension was something other than jpg? Would it still display correctly? Lets say i upload image.png. That would become image.png.jpg if i'm right.

That's fine, the .jpg at the end is not used by Bricksafe. It would show /image.png/800x600.jpg. It sees the 800x600 (or whatever), resizes the original image and then sends that new file to the browser. All browsers are smart enough to show the image in the correct format regardless of the file extension used, even Internet Explorer!

Edited by technicmad

...even Internet Explorer!

:laugh: