Sign in to follow this  
rm8

New 6 hole rims at 42000 and 9398

Did someone met new "41999 style" black rims WITHOUT WHITE RING at old sets like 42000 and 9398?

I have such information, but still dont belive

2013_%2525208_%2525205_14_56.jpg

These tires can not be used with Well known Ansmann 3rd party tires cause of reinforcement inside the rims. Old 3 hole rims do not have this reinforcement. Note that.

Edited by rm8

Are we talking about new 6-hole Style shining with white ring or shining without ring or matte with ring or matte without ring?

Are we talking about new 6-hole Style shining with white ring or shining without ring or matte with ring or matte without ring?

Shining 6hole without white ring

I don't remember any sets with these wheels...

They are new!

Someone should add them to bricklink. Went and checked yesterday and could not see any medium racing wheels with 6 holes.

It seems like this. And this is a difficult topic... The new rims are nice, because they are reinforced and have the extra holes. On the other hand no 3rd-Party tyres fit them. And personally I prefer the matte finish, but this is only my opinion :)

I sure hope my 9398 doesn't come with the new ones. Could anyone please post a pictures of the rim itself next to an older one. Would be nice to see the difference. I'm also having trouble believing that the difference is that large. Third party wheels are known to be very stretchy so surely this could not be that much of a problem.

Right now i remember. I forgot that his review about the 41999 had pictures of the new rims. So i'm guessing that the problem is the the reinforcements are to tight against the foam in the third party wheels. Maybe try without it?

I'm curious if TLG is phasing out the 44772 wheels/rims to discourage the use of 3rd party tires. Not playing devil's advocate, but maybe it's time to horde those old 44772s... Demand could go up for them due to the fact that most 1.9 RC tires fit on it.

Well even if my 9398 doesn't have them i still have 8 from super sonic RC and the unimog so no hoarding on my part. But yes i would recommend that those who have even the slightest thought of using third party wheels on these rims to make sure they have at least 4 of them. I imagine bricklink prices shooting through the roof once sellers learn how useful they are. :cry_sad::angry:

I wouldnt worry, I've just received my 9398 and it came with the old rims :wink:

Well i just checked in my box and it has the newer style rims. :cry_sad: The box art shows the old style though. Not sure about instructions. Will check there in a day or two when i'm done building the crane.

Well i just checked in my box and it has the newer style rims. :cry_sad: The box art shows the old style though. Not sure about instructions. Will check there in a day or two when i'm done building the crane.

You must have got one from a newer batch then

Using a soldering iron you can just melt out the foam fairly easy in 3rd party tires and try line it up with the reinforcements in the rim so the tire will fit better. It is much easier then trying to cut the foam out with a knife. Just dont touch the rubber :-p

I got curious and checked the instructions. They have not been updated to reflect the new mold. Could cause some confusion in younger builders.

As for modifying the foam, why not take it out of the tires. Surely it's not glued in there. BTW while i don't have any need for it i for one would prefer the knife instead of an soldering iron. Less chance, at least for me, for making a mistake. Anyone with third party tires wanna give both methods a go?

I can confirm my 9398 came with the new 6-hole shiny rims (no white detail of course) - very happy as these look better on the 9398

and there are already many after market tyres on the 41999 - so will just have to look out for ways this had been done...

Edited by Rockbrick

Same here. I purchased a 9398 not too long ago, and it came with the new, 6 hole rims.

I was pleasantly surprised!

eh31.jpg

Very different from the old wheel.

q9jw.jpg

Edited by Trawler Man

The foam wont be an issue, even the rubber of 3rd part tires will get bunched up on those reinforcements and make it look strange.

Edited by camaudio