Paul Boratko

Nathanael Kuipers' AWESOME Street Rod 42000 Alternate

This should have been the B Model instead of that ugly truck! :laugh: Great work once again from Nathanaƫl :thumbup:

Now it's like the red f1 car from 1995 (indy racer?) whose alternate model was also a hot rod!

That is brilliant looking! Might have to get another 42000 set to build this. Will there be instructions for this?

The Guy who builds the best Alternate models. His name is Nathanael!

I knew someone was going to come with something better than the official alternate.

I didn't expect it to be as good as this :)

Smart idea to use the black panels as seat backrests. Also I like the color scheme. The white and red are not "clashing" like in the official alternate.

Wow, nice alternate indeed! I just wonder if it is made of 42000 parts only.

Usually I'm not a fan of Hot Rod type cars, but this looks awesome! :laugh:

This should have been the B Model instead of that ugly truck! :laugh:

If TLG pulls another competition in the future similar to the Boss Crawler one, they could create a digital model of one of the sets up for release, and then let people download the file and create their suggestion(s) for a B-model in LDD or similar, using all or as many as possible of the parts from the set, and the B-model with the most votes was chosen as the official B-model of the set when it was released :laugh:

Would probably generate quite a bit of excitement.

Wow this is great! It makes me want to buy a 42000 just to build it. It kinda reminds me of a Plymouth Prowler

280px-2008-10-05_Red_Plymouth_Prowler_at_South_Square.jpg

If TLG pulls another competition in the future similar to the Boss Crawler one, they could create a digital model of one of the sets up for release, and then let people download the file and create their suggestion(s) for a B-model in LDD or similar, using all or as many as possible of the parts from the set, and the B-model with the most votes was chosen as the official B-model of the set when it was released :laugh:

Would probably generate quite a bit of excitement.

That sounds like an awesome idea!

Edited by snot

I have no words to describe this beauty and how neat it is built ! What do you wait to go back work as a lego designer? :wink:

Edited by GuiliuG

This is a perfect A-model, where is the B-model for it? :laugh: . Ouch the B-model is the F1 :devil: .

Edited by jorgeopesi

I really like the way he designed the front end of the car, the grill looks great for something that is so low on parts.

I think that if instructions were available, this would make me buy another copy of this set.

Great job with the colours, and the entire design overall. :thumbup:

I also like Error404's idea of having a competition to make a B-Model out of a specific set of parts.

If we didn't know what the A-Model was yet, it'd be interesting to see if anyone would design something close to the A-Model.

Perhaps all the pieces for the A-Model could be found in a larger set from the previous year, or a combination of 2 smaller sets from the previous year, so that everyone could get the parts easily.

It'd also be great to have the top 5 (?) B-Models displayed on the back of the box as 'possibilities', like some of the older Lego boxes. Even if no instructions were provided, this would still be pretty cool.

More B-model inspirations on the back of the box would be awesome, and all the better if they were designed by fans! Very cool idea. This Street Rod is absolutely gorgeous too, much more visually interesting than the A-model.