The Roast Boar Inn

From time to time, Lasvor travels through Mitgardia to collect some ingredients for his medicines. For example the only place where the pink edelweiss grows is in the northern mountains in Stoneroda County. Since it is a long travel form Valholl, Lasvor spends the night in the town of Stoneroda, and is accompanied by a small group of mitgardian soldiers as protection.

“You see Lionel, this is I was talking about. The Roast Boar Inn! The best meal you can get in whole Historica, I tell ‘ya! You are lucky that your first assignment lead to here.”

“Come on guys, I’m starving.”

8959934625_27a67f5022_c.jpg

In the evening, his old friend, Steen Larson joins Lasvor for a cup of ale or two.

8961127208_ccb463915d_c.jpg

Additional pictures of the Inn:

8959934483_acdfc584b0_c.jpg

8961127082_7669855683_c.jpg

8961127068_facda9c377_c.jpg

8959934353_6e35194fa2_c.jpg

8959934297_669121e548_c.jpg

Some details and items are hard to be seen in the completed model.

8961127298_654f658699_c.jpg

Your MOCs just keep getting better. Love the plate built walls and the ground has a great texture :thumbup:

Excellent woodwork as always and I like that you made the doors functional :thumbup: The chimney and cut-out on the back left (what is that?) are the only things that bother me. The chimney starting four wide then switching to three is fine, but I think a slope would make the transition much smoother; it also seems a little short as it ends right below the roof :look: Great work on the window frames and roof though :classic:

Your MOCs just keep getting better. Love the plate built walls and the ground has a great texture :thumbup:

Excellent woodwork as always and I like that you made the doors functional :thumbup: The chimney and cut-out on the back left (what is that?) are the only things that bother me. The chimney starting four wide then switching to three is fine, but I think a slope would make the transition much smoother; it also seems a little short as it ends right below the roof :look: Great work on the window frames and roof though :classic:

The cut-out made it possible to have a window for the middle room as well, which is just above that roof (and cannot be seen on any pictures :wacko: )

As for the chimney: It is 4 studs wide at the bottom because there is the oven, which is that wide. It didn't have to be so wide above. And when I designed the roof I just realised that I started a chminey down there, which would be hard to get through that roof. So I decided that the chimney will just avoid the roof as much as possible. That's why it stopped below the end of the roof. Hey, focus on the good things! :laugh:

The morals to myself: Check your pictures if everything can be seen that you wanted to show, and spend more time in designing.

And the doors are always functional.

Edited by Yooha

Extremely nice building! Never thought LDD could look this good! I especially like the interior, and all the furniture you've assembled in there. The whole structure looks brilliant though! Good job!

PS: Steens face is a little different, but it still looks o.k. :wink:

Very nice build! The woodwork is excellent, especially the pieces on the last picture. :thumbup:

Many nice designs you have there, for example the roof looks great but maybe a bit to part-consuming for more extensive IRL ( = "in real Lego" of course) use ;)

I also like the design of the bed in the last pic.

Stunning... Love your wall technique, and your road as well. And the furniture you created is perfect. Awesome job on this!

I didn't like ldd mocs that much, but with the rendering I actually really like your mocs. The woodwork en interior looks really good, especially the bed! Keep it up.

Hi,

I'm really wondering how to roof is made, I do like it very much, but as a new and fress AFOL, I need to learn a lot of new techniques. Can some one explain me how to build sych a roof?

Thx

Asterix

Can some one explain me how to build sych a roof?

Thx

Asterix

Uhm, what does "sych a roof" mean?

He means "such" :wink:

Oh, that makes more sense :blush:

As for the roof, I guess a picture will explain better than any words:

9300051791_a842b95b73_z.jpg

Great build. I really like it. That roof is really neat. I've seen cheese slopes used before, but I like the addition of the 1x1 tile also. It definitely adds in some texture.

The wall coloring works well and I like the wooden accents.

The ground floor built with tiles is interesting and I think you gave it enough variation to be effective, but normally I don't like plate built walls.

But overall I like your build. Keep up the great work! I hope to see more from you.

Interesting build. Lovely color choice and a nice take on the cheese slope roof. I still prefer 'my version' without the tiles as it looks more realistic but texture wise your version is much better!

Your renders look quite nice though the white lines are bothering me. Also, the pearl gold looks almost like tan. :sceptic:

The window on the left side of the house in the first picture looks a bit odd and 'lonely'. The facade is too even and uninteresting there. Other than that, nice build. :wub: I'm still waiting for some builds with real bricks from you, I bet they would be even better! :sweet: