WetWired

MOC: LEGO Ghostbusters

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all, some of you may remember my Ghostbusters decals I did a year or so back. I finally got around to finishing Ecto-1 to go along with them. I was kinda outshined by Orion Pax's amazing job a week or to back but regardless I've put a bit more work into the minifigs and Ecto-1 and I've submitted it to CUUSOO. If you like what I've done please take the time to vote and share the link with your friends on facebook etc.

Cuusoo Ghostbusters

title.jpg

Ecto1.jpg

back1.jpg

I have lots more planned for this, including the Ghostbusters HQ (which you can see a work in progress picture below), working lights for Ecto-1, a big Stay Puft Marshmellowman (in a similar style to my mech designs with articulation) and some supporting characters like Louis Tulley as The Keymaster and Dana Barrett as The Gatekeeper.

stage04.jpg

Stay tuned to either here or or cuusoo for further updates.

Cuusoo Ghostbusters

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I saw this on the "New" section of cuusoo earlier today!

I really like the car, it looks really sleek. I can't really comment on how accurate it is......I have never seen ghostbusters.

The HQ is looking nice as well

I have moved this topic as MOCs inspired by movies never officially licensed by LEGO belong in the Special Themes forum. :classic:

Though for some reason I have no nostalgia for Ghostbusters (odd considering my age :P) I'm pretty sure this will really click with plenty of people. In fact it seems to be up to a great start.

This and BttF complete my '80s Lego line-up. At least in regards to what Lego is willing to make...

Wow! Vary well done repersentaion, love the car.Have you thought about using the

Modulars fire house? You would have to mod the inside but it might work.

Don't cross the streams!

Very well done! The Ecto-1 is a bit too big for my taste, as I prefer cars to be narrower than 8-wide, but what a great design it is - it looks just like the original. I can tell the HQ is going to be great as well. And those minifigs... perfect!

Thanks for all the comments

Wow! Vary well done repersentaion, love the car.Have you thought about using the

Modulars fire house? You would have to mod the inside but it might work.

Don't cross the streams!

I'm working on my own firehouse (see the pic above) so I won't be using the modular firehouse, I have salavaged it for parts though.

Thanks, I've done a bit of an update, I will take better photos at some point but here they are.

thumb640x360.jpg

stage05.jpg

stage05a.jpg

stage05b.jpg

Outstanding work. The figures look great and are a main selling point. But Ecto-1 and the firehouse are excellent as well. I like everything about this. My favorite is Venkman by far. Something about him just works.

Good luck. I hope this makes it. It'd be a great addition display piece.

Thanks, I'm awaiting delivery of some LED lights to deck out Ecto-1 in, when they do arrive I'll be sure to share a video if it in action.

Brilliant, every part is just brilliant, the figs/decals the building and of-course Ecto-1 :wub:

Thanks!, share the link to the video (or cuusoo page) if you know anyone who might be interested, I could use the votes :)