hachiroku

Best 2012 Star Wars set

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Well, we are in 2013, 2012 was over. Which was the best set for you?

I´m my opinión, my favourite set is this:

lego-star-wars-9496-desert-skiff-original-cerrado-213-piezas_MLA-O-3186190625_092012.jpg

It´s one of the best scenes from the saga. Three main characters, the skiff, the sarlacc... I get hyped with this set, and when I had, I really enjoyed it.

This set was one of the best imo, great value for new minifigures and a newly designed skiff. They even included a sarlacc for you :laugh:

I'v always wanted the Desert Skiff, but I haven't got round to buy it, but I'm getting it next week :)

8069001499_68d7f2090a_z.jpg

Wonderful set I think!

Edited by LFCMessi

Skiff's the only Star Wars set I've bought this year, but even then I agree it's probably the best out of them.

I think my favorite is the Sith Fury. Just a great looking Star Wars ship. Fantastic build, and some really really good figures. It only suffered from a somewhat obscene price.

The skiff was a great set but it's hard to overlook Jabba's Palace in that it contained a lot of great figures that were either new or remakes that people have been screaming for, plus IMO the part selection is a bit more useful than the Skiff particulalry if you are looking to do a Mos Eisley or desert-themed MOC.

Also I loved the Sandtroopers from Droid Escape although the rest of the set was pretty average (why no Dewback...Why!!!!).

Edited by TeufelHund

Jabba's Palace is my choice. I had been waiting years for a Lego to do a worthy remake of that set, and the new one does not disappoint.

Out if what I have, the best would have to be either the Desert Skiff or the Fury Interceptor.

I am with the Tie Fighter, too.

As I just got back to LEGO quite recently I bought a couple of sets from 2012. It is a tough call, but I'll go with the Tie Fighter.

For me the 9500 Fury is the absolute winner. I think it's beautiful, great figures, interesting build, the only negative is the prize. But i agree that tha skiff is an excellent set as well.

Edited by Csacsa234

9500 Fury Class.

I'm still waiting for it to come down to a reasonable price, but it's a great set.

my personal favourite: the new B wing

but best improvement of the year was jabba's palace hands down. i hope they do a lot of 'reboots' in this calibre of quality.

The TIE Fighter. She's a beaut!

I agree. The new style is a massive improvement compared to the old style Tie Fighters; especially looking at the grey rim around the wings. The 9493 X-Wing comes in at a close second, but I still dislike the S-foil solution with rubber bands (one of the first things I fixed :classic: ).

I think the palpatines arrest is a great set, at least worth to be mentioned.

And of course too the desert skiff.

I'll be in the minority here but my vote goes to 9678 Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin, not really for the set but Lobot himself :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I just hope that they might release some other Cloud City sets this year......

Jabba's Palace was a nice set, just a shame it wasn't 50% bigger.