I am a spanish technic builder and I have a few questions for you. This is my opinion, in my country I only know a few MOC´s technic builders and I don´t think we are enough. At my forum I always commented on any kind of Lego constructions, (city, castle, star wars, pirate...) but none or very few of this builders commented on our technic MOC´s, is this happening only in Spain or is it anywhere else too?. I always see much more views on technic topics maybe much more that in others but we always write the same persons, sometimes I think Technic is not consider as Lego... What do you think?.

How many builders do you know in your country?

Do you think you are a great number of them?

Do you think has got less suporters due to its difficulty?

outside of the internets, i don't know a single other afol. Baylug is in the area, but i've never been much of a joiner.

KEvron

I met with 4 technic lovers 2 weeks ago, Sheepo, Parda, Blastem and Legorocky but it was my first live meeting.

I don't know any of them in person. I saw a Hungarian guy linked here some day about some brutal gear spagetti drive...

In my country, a 28 year old architect doesn't understand what the hell I need Lego pieces for... (um, I already said that today...)

In my country, a 28 year old architect doesn't understand what the hell I need Lego pieces for... (um, I already said that today...)

In my country I told my gym friends I build things with Lego... a 34 years old man with 130 kg playing with toys...? they said... Some people never understand what Lego Technic is...

I have never met anyone face to face, but I know of two other Technic guys within a couple of hours of me. One north and one south. However, I have several friends who are not builders that think the stuff we build is really cool. I don't know any System people, unless I know them by way of Technic.

I have also noticed that the comments come from our forum, mostly. Usually the same group of guys. I'm guilty of that too. :blush: I browse the other forums, but never leave comments. I don't leave many comments here, for that matter. :sceptic:

I am a spanish technic builder and I have a few questions for you. This is my opinion, in my country I only know a few MOC´s technic builders and I don´t think we are enough. At my forum I always commented on any kind of Lego constructions, (city, castle, star wars, pirate...) but none or very few of this builders commented on our technic MOC´s, is this happening only in Spain or is it anywhere else too?. I always see much more views on technic topics maybe much more that in others but we always write the same persons, sometimes I think Technic is not consider as Lego... What do you think?.

How many builders do you know in your country?

Do you think you are a great number of them?

Do you think has got less suporters due to its difficulty?

It is not just your country. All of my Technic friends are through the Internet. I have met a couple of them, but no one lives in my area. No one in my LUG or at my local conventions cares about Technic. Even very large USA blogs like Brothers Brick never writes anything about Technic MOCs.

It is not just your country. All of my Technic friends are through the Internet. I have met a couple of them, but no one lives in my area. No one in my LUG or at my local conventions cares about Technic. Even very large USA blogs like Brothers Brick never writes anything about Technic MOCs.

Then I can not complain when I knew 4 builders of my country although I had to drive 4 hours. It is unfortunate that this happens with the technic, then we have to speak more between us as we are so few...

I'm here, and happy to be back into Lego Technic after a long time away. I don't know any serious Lego people, much less Technic people. It's really nice to have a place to share and I look forward to becoming more involved. Are there any other popular Technic forums to browse? I have been over to setechnic a few times but that's about it.

I know and have met several Technic MOCers. Generally, we met thanks to meetings.

That kind of meeting is really cool. It generally lasts 2 days (sometimes, 3 days). We are about 6-8 AFOLs. We have a lot of stuff, and a lot of fun, during about 14 hours each of the 2 days. :p

I have met about 8 or so Technic builders in the USA, three of whom post here on a regular bases (Blakbird, Dluders, and Paul Borako). Otherwise, we seem like a fairly small group here in the US.

I have met about 8 or so Technic builders in the USA, three of whom post here on a regular bases (Blakbird, Dluders, and Paul Borako). Otherwise, we seem like a fairly small group here in the US.

Yes, I would love to have a "Technic-LUG" in which we are able to get together for regular meetings, but the few of us USA-based Technic fans seem to be scattered all over the country. I have met a couple of European Technic fans at USA conventions, but I have never met one in a foreign country. I was in Italy last year and regret that I did not have time to go see RoscoPC, for instance, even though I was only about 3 miles from his house at one point.

Yes, I would love to have a "Technic-LUG" in which we are able to get together for regular meetings, but the few of us USA-based Technic fans seem to be scattered all over the country. I have met a couple of European Technic fans at USA conventions, but I have never met one in a foreign country. I was in Italy last year and regret that I did not have time to go see RoscoPC, for instance, even though I was only about 3 miles from his house at one point.

I am in the Us as well, in New England and i have never met any other technic builders. The one show i went to had only trians and city MOCs, no technic fans :sad: . i think a US meetup would be awesome but i am definitely not in to position to go to one if there is a lot of travel (school).

tim

I am in Arizona, USA. There is a small LUG, but the mostly build bricks. I would probable be the ONLY technic builder if I joined

I am in arizona, USA.

Legoman104 (on YouTube) is in missouri

Vktechnic (vyprynsall, or sumwunyoudontknow) on YouTube is in Oregon

Thirdwigg is in Chicago, illinois

These are a bunch of my friends around the country that build technic

I am in arizona, USA.

I am in arizona, USA.

Yes, for a big country, the USA does not seem to have a lot of Technic AFOLs. However, with this forum (and others), it is easier than ever to communicate and SEE what others are building. Don't get discouraged! Maybe the American-styled Technic trucks for 2012 will attract more interest. :classic:

Yes, for a big country, the USA does not seem to have a lot of Technic AFOLs. However, with this forum (and others), it is easier than ever to communicate and SEE what others are building. Don't get discouraged! Maybe the American-styled Technic trucks for 2012 will attract more interest. :classic:

I'm in Scotland which is a relatively tiny country, but there were three or four local responses to the recent Falkirk Wheel model so we must all live within about an hour of each other. I don't, yet, consider myself a serious builder though, and certainly not an MOCer.

I have met a couple of European Technic fans at USA conventions, but I have never met one in a foreign country. I was in Italy last year and regret that I did not have time to go see RoscoPC, for instance, even though I was only about 3 miles from his house at one point.

Well, should you ever find yourself near Poland, let me know :) We'll be launching a LUGPol exhibition at Cracow on July 7th, may be a good reason to drop by.

As for Technic fans, I seem to be in a good position here in my country. There's one fan living just across the backyard, and we have meetings with folks from the whole city every few weeks. Plus Truck Trial races, that's where things get 100% Technic and words like "castle" or "pirates" make people give you weird looks ;)

Edited by Sariel

that's where things get 100% Technic and words like "castle" or "pirates" make people give you weird looks ;)

What a lucky dream place :laugh:.

I live in ottawa, canada and haven't run across any other technic builders but have tried to convert some people :)

Sariel, i ENVY you XD

Great topic! Here's what i can share from my personal experience.

I live in Bulgaria, and we've had an organised "LEGO Community" for about 3 years, not more. Out of all the lego fans in it, not more than 10 have any interest in LEGO TECHNIC. The builders are even less.

So it seems in most countries there are just a few technic builders. I've also thought about creating an international online community ( lets say, forum-based? ). I'd gladly help out with what i can for creating such a online "place", dedicated to technic builders :)

I think that THIS FORUM (on Eurobricks) is the best one around -- friendly people, good banter, and great MOCs.

I'm looking at the list of Technic Forum visitors right now, and there are a total of 19 different people visiting right now (7 registered users + 12 "guests"). There are many people who visit here who are "lurking". Please step forward! :classic:

If one believes that there are only ~20-30 Technic builders in the world (i.e., the ones who post on this forum), then TLG would have dropped the Technic line long ago. There have got to be THOUSANDS out there, but they are either too shy to post here, or don't know that Eurobricks exists. Let's get the word out! :wink:

If one believes that there are only ~20-30 Technic builders in the world (i.e., the ones who post on this forum), then TLG would have dropped the Technic line long ago. There have got to be THOUSANDS out there, but they are either too shy to post here, or don't know that Eurobricks exists. Let's get the word out! :wink:

Well, I think that having Technic sets is far from being a "builder" Technic fan. The said architect had more Technic sets than me. He was a rich kid who got Legos as presents, he thought is was cool, but that was pretty much it. Many people I know got Technic sets as a kid, but that was it. That's far from being an AFOL.

As far as there are kids, the Techic line will remain.

I'm in Scotland which is a relatively tiny country, but there were three or four local responses to the recent Falkirk Wheel model so we must all live within about an hour of each other. I don't, yet, consider myself a serious builder though, and certainly not an MOCer.

I'm in Scotland too; right near Falkirk in fact. I'm not a MOC'er yet either; still building up a library of recent Technic sets & relearning how to build aft6er a 20 (or so) year break from Lego.