Sign in to follow this  
Co1Der

Renault Magnum (PF)

This model of the French Renault Magnum truck has been built in 1 to 22 scale to participate in Hard Truck Contest - the custom-built truck models racing competition.

magnum_1.jpg

The model is equipped with LEGO Power Function elements. The XL motor is used to drive the vehicle forward and backwards, and the old-style 9V motor, connected via PF-9V adapter, is responsible for steering.

magnum_3.jpg

All elements of the PF are covered by the cabin, so nothing can be noticed from outside.

magnum_2.jpg

magnum_11.jpg

The model has 4 functional headlights and as much detalisation as possible.

magnum_8.jpg

magnum_5.jpg

magnum_10.jpg

magnum_7.jpg

magnum_9.jpg

magnum_4.jpg

The rear suspension is functional, thus preventing model stuck on the rough terrain due to the heavy weight of the front cabin.

magnum_18.jpg

magnum_16.jpg

magnum_17.jpg

magnum_12.jpg

magnum_14.jpg

magnum_13.jpg

Edited by Co1Der

This is a very nice truck. It's recognisable, detailed and built to my favourite scale :classic: Lovely SNOT work for the steps on the sides. I'm amazed that you managed to squeeze a working power functions system in there. I'm curious though, I don't think I've ever seen a front tyre like that. Where did that come from?

Cheers,

Ralph

Very cool. I too was going to ask about the front wheel/tire combonation. At first glance it look like the wheels are the same as the rear just reversed, but taking a closer look the tires are much narrower and the hub sticks out past the lip of the rim/tire. It also look simular to the wheel/tires that are on the city farm tractors. Though i don't believe they were ever offered in gray. Only white. Very cool truck.

What is this "Hard Truck" contest you speak of? I've never heard of it but i'd like to know more.

Edited by 5150 Lego

Beautiful truck.

I remember when I was building my Magnum how tricky it was to create slopes and edges, and drive and steer mechanisms and motors hidden beneath fake engine.

Very nice!

The rims do come in grey, on a technic tractor, but the tyres on that are threaded. The hard trucks contest is a competition organised by doublebrick, a Russian LUG. There was an article about it in brickjournal a while ago. I've seen several other really impressive trucks come out of that and it's great to see more members from Russia active on eurobricks. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Thank's to all.

The front wheels and tyres are not official parts. They are homemaded by DoubleBrick member k100m. It's just thinner version of rear wheels.

5150 Lego You can find some information about HTC in English here and lots of videos here, here and here.

The hard trucks contest is a competition organised by doublebrick, a Russian LUG.
Let me put some in here...

The person who's responsible for the whole Hard Truck Contest is Ralph_S!!!

Ralph's fantastic models of various trucks were inspiration to one of most talented DoubleBrick's builders, nicknamed ZED (here's link to his BrickShelf and Flickr galleries).

After finishing two 1/22 scale models he proposed the competition and the first "test" round was conducted about a year ago in Kiev, Ukraine.

Then the rules were created, more trucks built and a number of contests took place.

Please follow Co1Der's links to see more details.

I think that I could ask Jan Beyer's opinion on this challenge, since he has attended to one of the rounds of HTC.

P.S. Many thanks to Ralph - we have an unofficial fan-club of your creations.

Let me put some in here...

The person who's responsible for the whole Hard Truck Contest is Ralph_S!!!

Ralph's fantastic models of various trucks were inspiration to one of most talented DoubleBrick's builders, nicknamed ZED (here's link to his BrickShelf and Flickr galleries).

After finishing two 1/22 scale models he proposed the competition and the first "test" round was conducted about a year ago in Kiev, Ukraine.

Then the rules were created, more trucks built and a number of contests took place.

Please follow Co1Der's links to see more details.

I think that I could ask Jan Beyer's opinion on this challenge, since he has attended to one of the rounds of HTC.

P.S. Many thanks to Ralph - we have an unofficial fan-club of your creations.

Thank you very much for the praise, but it's you guys who took it to a new level with the added power functions in particular.

Cheers,

Ralph