Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Nocturnus Minichallenge II- The Den Mother

The Den Mother, is a guardian spirit. The first recorded encounter with this spirit was centuries ago, when a child went missing. The residents of the village, searched the wilderness for days, but didn't found the child. Befor they gave up the searching, one of the villagers saw a big black wolf with glowing red eyes. They thought, the beast took the child, they wanted revenge. The hunt begined, after a long pursuit, the beast returned to her den, the hunters went after her, but didin't found the wolf. Just the missing child.

This event not yet started the Cult of the Den Mother. But after a dozen, similar events, Den Mother shrines, across Noctornus were builded.

There is two common representation, of the spirit. One is a woman with res eyes, holding a child, the other is a black wolf, with the same red eye.

29434158982_658a9387ee_n.jpg29434157752_9295945220_n.jpg29462851211_993e9081dd_n.jpg

The representation of the following pictures are unique. The statue bears both aspects, from the women, and the wolf.

In this troubled times, many residents of Noctornus visits these shrines, Praying for protection.

29434156732_6562b22c58_n.jpg29462850171_088c759280_n.jpg

Edit: Although, the shrines are open for everyone, for praying, for the recent events, the priestesses don't welcome any member from the Black Spire.

Edited by kahir88

Nice build! This looks really good. I love that the whole base is SNOTed like that, making for a very smooth and polished floor. The tooth elements worked in there look great, too, emphasizing the bestial nature of the goddess. The actual image of the goddess is well-done, too, though the female element is a bit exaggerated (not out of character with other shrine or religious images, however...see the Venus of Willendorf). A good use of that head piece.

I am confused about the water coming out of the statue, though; is it also a fountain, or is that actually just blue flame?

Maybe, the stone-cutter had something in his mind, about the sizes...

The blue flame is a product of burning some alcohol. The priestesses using this, to impress the worshippers.

I'll echo what others said: great work on the statue. I like how it is supporting the torch bowl with both hands. Also, both the wolf and female aspect are executed well and appropriate for the Darklands. The stone stairs and the mosaic in the floor really amplify the shrine atmosphere. :classic::thumbup:

Whoa, now this is a perfect fit for Nocturnus! Nice snot technique and statue. Very cool entry Kahir!

To the naysayers, just remember, everything is bigger in Nocturnus!

Thank you! Never thought, others will like that much, my creation. :classic:

And a little edit on my post: just choosed a side. (N.resist)