Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[ESL - FB] Barrel Factory in Nova Terreli

A (large) factory in Nova Terreli (Nellisa), producing barrels, chests, crates boxes and other means of transporting goods:

27162163373_303298833f_b.jpg

1 year earlier:

"We all know trading is important", Román said. "But is it the most reliable source of income? No, sure it isn't."

"You are quite right, nephew", replied his uncle Raphael Fontonajo. "But what do you plan to do about that?"

"You know, uncle. I plan on making profit with those that trade. Like... a hotel for them to live in. Or building a bridge and

asking for toll when the traders want to pass. Or sell them horses and ships. Or even go down to the most basic things."

"What do you mean?", Raphael asked.

"Like... saddles for the horses. Or sails or ropes for the ships. Or even barrels or chests to produce their wares."

"Barrels? Like Barrels for Berreli? That sounds like quite a slogan."

"Uncle... I think I should do that...", Román replied.

27162161693_2f23d594b5_b.jpg

Only a few weeks later the Barrel Factory of the Fontonajo family had opened. Román had bought the ground of the old

quarry of Nova Terreli, just a at the rim of the city which had grown so immensely over the last years. The quarry had long

been deserted, because stone was now imported, while the people in the city focussed on trade and other more financially

lucrative work.

But Román knew that place fitted his needs perfectly. The pit was a small cellar for his factory, and the house that they had

to build now wasn't even a large one, which reduced construction costs even further.

27698803291_f1c482e986_b.jpg

The business was running perfectly. Román bought wood and nails and some other things, and his workers manufactured

chests and barrels and boxes. Some of them were brought to the Fontonajo Cotton Plantations, or to the family's trading

ships, while others were sold on the markets of the city, and even others were just shipped to other islands like Berreli.

Barrels for Berreli had really become a thing, after all.

27698821641_cfb56df422_z.jpg

27495048390_7617317547_z.jpg

27162158273_93afb73f06_z.jpg

27161347964_04e5d6913a_z.jpg

27495053870_177c310fa9_z.jpg

Very nice! I like the roof technique to show the interior, and the cobblestone effect is good, too.

Excellent job with all the activity going on, and it's great to see the New World being provided with all kinds of barrels, buckets, and chests! pirate_wink.gif The roof techniques look great, and the half-stud offset is a brilliant idea there. Keep it up! pirate_satisfied.gif

There has to be some sort of master of industry award for you, another fantastic factory sir, well done.

Great one! I must agree on the roof style as it looks amazing and on the interior of your build. You sir are a real entrepreneur!

The way you made the removable top roof and walls was ingenious! I really like the black roof as well, and great interior! :thumbup:

Excellent build. Great idea to have removable walls for photography. :classic:

Lovely build! I love the roofs, both the red and the black one, I really like the way you showed us the excellent interior and the fact that it's modular only makes things better.

Oh, did I mention that I love the cobblestone-road and the lanterns as well?

Very nice! I like the roof technique to show the interior, and the cobblestone effect is good, too.

Thank you, trying around with new roof techniques is fun.

Excellent job with all the activity going on, and it's great to see the New World being provided with all kinds of barrels, buckets, and chests! pirate_wink.gif The roof techniques look great, and the half-stud offset is a brilliant idea there. Keep it up! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you, I am curious to see if there are other ways to get the half-stud offset done.

There has to be some sort of master of industry award for you, another fantastic factory sir, well done.

Skillsystem, where are you?! Thanks!

Great barrel factory! Loved your roof technique!

Thank you, feel free to copy it, or even better to improve it. I think BoBS has developed some great roof techniques over multiple MOCs of various people.

Great one! I must agree on the roof style as it looks amazing and on the interior of your build. You sir are a real entrepreneur!

Entrepreneur sounds like a great idea for the skill system. Ska? Thank you for the compliments!

The way you made the removable top roof and walls was ingenious! I really like the black roof as well, and great interior! :thumbup:

Thank you, I like it too. Ingenious, I would like that in my skill tree as well. :-)

Excellent build. Great idea to have removable walls for photography. :classic:

Thank you. I have to admit though that photography wasn't even the initial idea (it was rather: "how can I manage this half-stud offset?"), but it turned out to be immensely useful.

Lovely build! I love the roofs, both the red and the black one, I really like the way you showed us the excellent interior and the fact that it's modular only makes things better.

Oh, did I mention that I love the cobblestone-road and the lanterns as well?

Thank you, that's a lot of compliments! Glad you like it. :-)

I have to admit, though, that I just took the lanterns from my Royal Factory (although maybe most people probably didn't even see them there...).

Very nice factory. The overall design is really nice and the removable upper level shows the inner workings very well. I also like the cutaway black roof - it's a neat idea that also aids visibility while reducing the parts requirement. And the way you built up the terrain outside is another fine touch as well. Good work. :thumbup: