Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I made a C-Model for the 42048 Kart :) It features a Formula 1 with working direction (controlled by HOG) and a fake engine with two gears (which can be switched from the back). The hood can be opened. There are also two exhausts and a position light in the back. It is quite fun to play with and the steering radius is much better than the one of A-model :)

Here are a few pictures:

DSC03707-asp-small.jpgDSC03711-asp-small.jpg

The HOG is in place of the steering wheel (small yellow part). Steering mechanism is similar to B-Model, but more flat (it is only 1 stud high).

DSC03709-asp-small.jpgDSC03710-asp-small.jpg

The gear box is taken from A-Model and features the same ratios. The switch is on the back however (could not really put it in the cockpit :p ).

DSC03712-asp-small.jpg

Any comment welcome ! Will post instructions on rebrickable as soon as possible.

Nice C model, I think it's the first time ever I see 42048 look good :wink:

Very cool!

Dont get the hate for the A model though, its the best go-kart we've ever had from lego, both in terms of looks and functions.

Nice work!

The wheels are a bit small, but that's the consequence of building a C-model :tongue:

You have captured the shape of an F1 car very well :thumbup:

Good C model :). I like F1 cars.

Will try to build this from my spare parts.

Rebrickable says I only miss the 4 wheel covers of 42048 set so this is buildable.

Cool! Looks very much like an F1 car. Steering geometry looks a little strange (pivots are far from the wheel), but that's unavoidable when you use small wheels. Cockpit and rear wing are amazing :thumbup: .

Nice one! I've been seeing lots of great C models lately, this one included.

I agree with others that this formula is very good alternative model.

Hello

Really nice MOC. Looks like new F1 cars.

I had a very similar idea last Month, so a build also a F1 Car (C Model Based on 42048)

This is my forst MOC...

27686094240_d33437510c_z.jpg ,

27863985092_56a605b42a_z.jpg

Edited by Petros

hi jyd80,

Is it true that you removed your MOC from Rebrickable?

I have it marked as a liked MOC and recently I can't find it anymore. I'd like to still have a copy of the instructions if possible.

On 7/3/2016 at 3:47 PM, Richard Dower said:

That is one Sexy MF!

you could have put that in a spoiler but thats just me

Due to limited number and variety of parts you've made great job :thumbup:

I've registered on this website just to say thank you for your MOC and instructions. I bought the kart on my holiday and had much fun building it, but the B-Model was a big letdown. Yours is much better as it keeps all functions and looks great!

I've changed the model only slightly for aesthetic reasons. The main thing I wanted to change was the height of the rear spoiler as I feel it looks better when it's a little lower (although I had to cheat a bit there and now the back compartment won't fully open). I also slightly changed the steering to make it look more like a F1 steering wheel and to loose the protruding pin there. I also added the hose to the engine and slightly changed the seat. I have no idea if this interests you or anyone else, but I've added some small pictures of the changes.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

On 2/25/2017 at 10:47 AM, lee82gx said:

hi jyd80,

Is it true that you removed your MOC from Rebrickable?

I have it marked as a liked MOC and recently I can't find it anymore. I'd like to still have a copy of the instructions if possible.

Hi,

I know this is strange, but I just come to see your message now, more than a year after :s I was absolutely not aware that the MOC was removed from Rebrickable (dunno what has happened :s). I have re-uploaded it: http://www.alter-lego.org/entries/technic/Formula1-42048/Formula1-42048-instructions.pdf

Instructions for my MOCs are also available from my website (www.alter-lego.org). Many thanks to all of you for the nice comments, and my sincere apology for this accidental disappearance.

Great F1 MOC! Thanks for the instructions. I have. A spare 42048, just sitting in the box... I may just build this soon.

Thanks gain,

Andy D