Quest For The Fountain Of Youth - Part VI - Lost and Found

Previously:

Part I - Striking The Deal

Part II - The Captain's Boat

Part III - The Hurricane

Part IV - The Cartographer

Part V - The Letter

26723735210_74e2da8da0.jpg

Unfortunately for First Mate Henrique Navarrez, his cousin's idea of a "safe hand" left somewhat to be desired.

26391775204_3c19ee9d76.jpg

The messenger happened to run into an old acquaintance on his way through Salida Este in an effort to locate the Gallant, and, of course, a drink and a good meal were essentials. Meanwhile, the letter - and Father Tholeau's journal - lay forgotten on the table.

26393657023_b9e5eb724a.jpg

After the trusty messenger had left, in walked a character with whom we are already slightly familiar. Rhys Thomson slid onto a bench, muttering as he did so, "Harder than my spouse's head, as my wife would surely say!" Then he called loudly for a roll and a glass.

Presently he spotted the sealed missive lying on the far end of the table. "What have we here?" he ejaculated under his breath. Then he opened the packaging, and quickly spotted the heading, "Journal of Father Tholeau."

26929057501_43077202b6.jpg

"Hm-mm," the detective murmured. "Well, as my wife would say, finders keepers, losers weepers. I have a good friend in the printing business that will love this." Then he looked up from his reading and noticed a young man standing in front of him.

26964083416_e54ccb18cd.jpg

"Can I do something for you?"

"That depends. Are you the detective Rhys Thomson, of Salida Este?"

"Yes, sir, I am Rhys Thomson, and I am detective of Salida Este - the detective of Salida Este, there being none other so enterprising. Tell me, sir, what brings you here this fine evening? At least, as my wife would say, this evening that will be fine, provided it ends in a good bed?”

“I have a case for you.”

“A case? You’ve come to the right man. Of what sort?”

“A case of murder.”

“Another one!” the detective thought to himself, but, never one to spill the beans, he did not say it aloud.

“But, instead of finding the murderer, I want you to find the victim.”

For once, Rhys Thomson was startled out of his usual poker face. “In my experience it is not customary for a detective to be – ah – necessary to find – dead people.”

“Unless,” the young man replied mysteriously, “unless, they’re still alive.”

Rhys pulled at his mustache. Here was a puzzler – as his wife would surely say. After a minute he added, “Well, young man, sit down! Sit down! Let’s talk business! First – your name?”

To be continued...

A few more pictures of the build:

Credit to W. Navarre for that lantern design!

26997374315_c4157a2cc3.jpg

26964128936_205c90cb58.jpg

In case this is slightly confusing, I've used this build to further two separate storylines - one featuring the detective, Rhys Thomson, which I will continue separately - the other one dealing with the Fountain of Youth, which will be continued as well.

C&C welcome!

Superb wooden wall design, the series of half arches look great thumbup.gif You seem to have a knack for a good balance of details, as is well shown in this build. The hanging placards, and gun rack are excellent.

I also like the upside down 2x2 round tiles for plates pirate_classic.gif

Excellent build, Kai! The SNOT log bricks work really well here and I like all the stuff hanging on the wall thumbup.gif

Nice job with the platters of food as well default_classic.gif

This story is becoming so intresting!

Good build, with a great wall. I love all things you put there

Nice looking tavern, Kai, and great way to further both storylines. As others have said, those details on the walls and the use of those arches work really well. pir_laugh2.gif

Thank you everyone for the comments!

Excellent build! Now i am hooked! Write and build some more please!!!!

I'm going, I'm going! pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks!

This story is becoming so intresting!

Good build, with a great wall. I love all things you put there

Glad to hear that! Thank you!

Nice looking tavern, Kai, and great way to further both storylines. As others have said, those details on the walls and the use of those arches work really well. pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks Bregir! I hope the two stories mix isn't too terribly confusing! pirate_laugh2.gif