26867114702_973f988762_z.jpg

"Set course to engage the vessel!" bellowed Calrelli, pacing the deck of his ship furiously (he liked pacing, as you may have noticed). The coast of Nellisa, which Cato had just encircled before he had set out on his return voyage to Eslandola, had not yet faded astern, when the lookout had spotted a small speck on the horizon. Afraid lest some foreign explorer had found out Eslandola’s secret, Calrelli boldly set out to engage the vessel.

Lifting his telescope to his eye again, Captain Calrelli squinted in surprise. It was his captain’s boat, empty except for some clothing and, aha! - a journal.

26355999714_18cbd8a5fc_z.jpg

On the 15th night of the journey, the priest of Zeus, Father Tholeau, had snuck inside the captain’s boat and lowered her to the sea. Once detached from the fleet, he had set sail in the small skiff. The crew had had no idea what had happened to the priest, but Calrelli had continued with his expedition without him. Here was the boat again - but there was no sign of Tholeau.

26356006874_fc1ac58ed6_z.jpg

Later, in his cabin, Calrelli perused the journal, and discovered that the priest had been obsessed with an ancient manuscript that stated that the Fountain of Youth lay on an island to the East of Halos. The journal detailed Tholeau's recent escapade and his discovery of three islands. On the third of those islands he found what he was looking for – the Fountain of Youth. Knowing he did not have enough supplies to try to follow Tholeau's poorly noted nautical directions, Calrelli reluctantly decided to return home to resupply.

Unfortunately for him, Cato was caught by a hurricane on his way back, which wrecked him and his fleet on the shores of Terraversa, and, since then, he has been unable to get permission for another expedition. But! -

More to come soon!

The ship's rail is inspired (once again!) by awesome Koen's De Ruyter Frigate.

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

The FP here is spot on! I really like that island. And the use of white for the railing is very nice! :thumbup:

As already stated the forced perspective is very well done. The railing is also well designed. I look forward to seeing this story unfold.

Great FP! And I'm enjoying the story. Looking forward to what comes next!

I was wondering who would beat me to this storyline...

Impressive little build.

Excellent work here, Garmadon! The FP is wonderfully executed and the spots of water around the island and boat are great as well pirate_classic.gif

Thanks all! pirate_satisfied.gif

Great forced perspective.... and the story is getting very interesting!

Thanks Captain B! I'm glad the forced perspective turned out to be such a hit! pirate_wink.gif

That perspective... These micros... :wub:

Thanks Titus!

The FP here is spot on! I really like that island. And the use of white for the railing is very nice! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Kai! Yes, the way the island turned out in the FP was probably my favorite part of this build!

Looks great and the story continues... are we going to be treated to more of this soon?

Great FP! And I'm enjoying the story. Looking forward to what comes next!

Thank you both! And you'll see what's up with the storyline soon! pirate_wink.gif

I was wondering who would beat me to this storyline...

Impressive little build.

Ha, ha, ha! pir_laugh2.gif Thanks Kaiju!

Excellent work here, Garmadon! The FP is wonderfully executed and the spots of water around the island and boat are great as well pirate_classic.gif

Thanks LJ, glad you like it! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif Those diamonds are definitely one of my favorite ways to make water!

Nice looking shipside and great FP, Garm. Another nice part of the story, to which I have a suspicion of something more to come! pirate_tong.gif

Nice foreground and micro builds!

Regarding the FP, I have two suggestions for improvement: One is that the angle between the foreground and the background is too steep which hurts the illusion, try moving the background objects further away or lowering the foreground might help. The other suggestion is to make an horizon with a differently colored sky behind the background objects.