Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[ESL - CH 2B] Why did you burn it?!

Ferro Azure, 616 AE, March

Colonel Asiago Cesaro and two of his men, Marco and Juevo, were on patrol-duty in the dense rainforests of Ferro Azure,

not far off the island's coastline. Securing the newly claimed island was not always an easy task. And who were they doing

it for anyways? The MCTC, that paid their loan? The king? The viceroy? Their families, their children at home? For justice

or honour? He didn't know.

The heat was sweltering in the moist forests. As usual vapor rised from the ground. But... was that really usual?

"Is this smoke ahead of us?", Marco asked.

"Naw, stop joking, there is no smoke but evaporating water here. Come, take a sip of that water", Juevo replied.

"No really, look, it's grey, that... really is not normal", Marco insisted.

"So, you are the jungle expert now?", Juevo retorted.

"No, I mean, I didn't say that... now come on...", Marco stammered.

"Quiet!", Asiago hissed.

He waved his hand, ordering his men to follow him. His men silently followed him, and after fifty to hundred metres the dense

rainforest abruptly ended. Before them lay a barren wasteland of ashe and dust. Burnt treestumps and the last relics of majestic

trunks littered the ground.

They stood in shock, looking at the scene presenting itself ahead of them. At a field of 100 metres in length and twice that in

width the forest had just been burnt to the ground. At the far end a group of six men in wild and colourful clothes lingered at

a small campfire, having some food and drinks. At a burnt tree a man in blue and white had been bound, looking around in awe.

A pirate flag was stuck in the ground next to the group.

"Do not fear. Follow me", Asiago told his men, stepping out of the density of the forst onto the field of ashes within the forest.

"Hey there", Asiago shouted, "what has happened here?!"

"Oh look ye what we got 'ere, ya visitors?", a man clad in dark red with a wooden leg replied, standing up from the ground.

"What has happened here?", Asiago insisted, stepping closer.

"Ye wanna know, will ye? We've made us space here, see?", the man replied, dressing his pirate hat.

"Space? You burnt the forest!!!", Asiago shouted.

"Nice, ehr buddy, ain't it?", another pirate with a white head rag added, smirking.

"Are you Sea Rats?!", Asiago asked.

"Sea rats? Haha, ye hear that?", the man with the white head rag burst out laughing. "We ain't no stupid noble Sea Rats, pieces

of crap, we are yer real pirates, not some whining crying babies, hear yer?!"

"But why did you burn the forest?!", Asiago asked once more.

The man with the pirate hat, clearly the leader of the group, gave him a deep loke before he replied.

"Because we can", he said, not a sign of remorse in his icecold voice.

Chills ran down Asiagos neck. But now he knew again why he was here. It was not for the king, nor for the MCTC, nor the viceroy,

nor his glory, his mother or his wife or his kids.

"FOR ESLANDOLA", Asiago shouted, engaging the battle against the pirates!

26029362281_c1a9caa218_b.jpg

Few minutes later the battle was won. While the heroic Eslandolan bravery of Asiago, Marco and the now dead Juevo had started

the assault, the tides of the battle only turned when a group of natives joined the fight, assaulting the pirates with bow and arrow

from the cover of the jungle first, but then entering melee with javelin, knife and axes, quickly felling all pirates.

The men were dressed in light leather, some with feathers in their hair. There were five of them, all with long black hair and black

beards (if any). None of them spoke the common tongue, but it was evident that they had witnessed the brave attempt of the

Eslandolans to revenge the destruction of the forest and bring justice to the country. While Eslandola had lost a brave soldier

named Juevo, they had surely won an ally in the natives that day.

Additionally the man at the fire turned out to be a high Oleander officer who was shipwrecked shortly after leaving the Île de Zeus

and had barely made it to the island in a small boat, before he had quite immediately been captured by the pirates. He expressed

his gratitude, promising Asiago that he was in his and Eslandolas debt.

More pictures of the whole scene:

26095725785_683a1e154e_z.jpg

26069791366_458b93b780_z.jpg

The Eslandolans:

25493111953_79929838a2_z.jpg

The pirates:

26003199422_b867f688b7_z.jpg

The Natives hiding in the jungle:

25490950464_69ce14a9f8_z.jpg

26003187682_71b47d988e_z.jpg

An excellent build and a better story! There are some great details in the trees, especially the butterflies and hiding natives. Great entry! I will mourn Juevo, but congratulate Colonel Cesaro for his swift action.

For Eslandola!

Edited by Capt Wolf

Excellent build with a nice story! And so you know, Lannisters...ehrm, Oleanders always pay their debts!

Some dense action going on here!

Great entry, very convincing build and an excellent story to go along with it! Love how you depicted the burnt foliage, the irregular base is spot on, minifigs carefully selected, and those natives in the jungle - quite sneaky.

Is that cat on the last pic meant to be a jaguar?

My condolences for your loss of Juevo. But Oleon is very grateful you liberated the officer. We will not forget your brave sacrifice!

Great build, the jungle is well done and so is the burnt area! Good idea to include some hiding natives and the Oleon soldier tied up in the background!

Great build and a really entertaining story. You did an excellent job with irregular angles and edges along the base, and I like the way you layered the dirt with tan, brown, and ultimately black for the charred ruins. The jungle is thick and lush, which is not only realistic, but it also creates a nice contrast with the clearing all the minifigs are in.

Great story! Love the way you hid the natives in the jungle, excellent way to make them into allies for future builds

Great foliage and the burnt ground looks really convincing - together with a good story, great entry!

Thank you all, glad you like it. pirate_satisfied.gif

Is that cat on the last pic meant to be a jaguar?

I am actually not 100% sure.

Mainly it's the best animal I could find, and as I tend to fail with brickbuilt ones I just took it.

However I wonder whether we could just have some different animals in BoBS. Not like fantasy werewolves or sth., but maybe there is some species of jaguars which is just smaller and looks... well, just like that?

Nice story, action, and landscaping. I think you did a really good job of depicting the burnt forest as well as the lusher parts, and the hidding natives and the captured Oleander are nice touches.

Well done!

This is a beautiful and well-detailed jungle scene. Your depiction of the burnt area is great and the ensuing battle is nicely illustrated as well. There's so much to observe that it takes some time to see it all. Good work.