It is time to show the East Trade Wind Company sailing!

And here she is: The Stubborn Stern.

800x915.JPG

She is sailing under the command of Captain Enrico Sombrero Verde.

640x480.JPG

There she is sailing away

800x1361.JPG

.. and back again

800x1222.JPG

I am very happy about the new lantern design:

640x502.JPG

Builder's note:

While searching for the harbour I wanted to work on I found a very old and very black ship of mine (with no name).

It was built in a style that I wouldn't do anymore so I was about to disassemble the model, when I thought I should give it a chance.

Because that ship had been build with the simple goal to give the captain his "walkway" (I had not done this on another ship).

So the goal was to leave the basics as they were but to add details and refinements to make the ship look better.

Consequently a lot of yellow was added and many a curved slope.

Then the old red-white colour scheme was modified to green-white.

I've added cannons and the small boat at the stern.

And the custom flag.

C&C welcome

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
Flickr references removed

Th's a great ship! I really like the color-pattern, and as you said: the lantern design is quite good!

Sweeeeeet!

Although a bit bulky, it has his charm :)

What class may I index this ship in? :)

That`s a fine ship for a mexican pirate_wink.gif

Love the furled up sails, and the lantern design is cool indeed.

Edited by Tomsche

Th's a great ship! I really like the color-pattern, and as you said: the lantern design is quite good!

Thanks pirate_laugh2.gif

It is a trade ship ... it may be ugly... pirate_cry4.gif

Sweeeeeet!

Although a bit bulky, it has his charm :)

What class may I index this ship in? :)

Yes, very bulky, Sir. (That is what I also did not like initially ... but then I thought that in the early days Eslandola did just have simple, bulky ships)

The class? Definitely "failed galleon". pirate_laugh2.gif Or "Bulk Brigg" :laugh: :laugh:

That`s a fine ship for a mexican pirate_wink.gif

Love the furled up sails, and the lantern design is cool indeed.

Tomsche, old friend, this ain't no mexican! It is Eslandolean... pirate_laugh2.gif

Furled up sails - yes, that happens if I have no idea for the sails pirate_laugh_new.gif

BTW: The ship is modular. (Maybe I should take another picture to prove that..)

Nice beautiful ship !

I like this color design made of black-green and yellow.

You really managed to better an old build ! Good job !

A fine ship you've built/modified Captain B. (Well, apart from the missing rudder... perhaps that's why they returned so quickly! :wink:) The short length does make it look bulky - perhaps another midsection or two would even things out, but it has a certain charm as it is. I like the colorscheme, the massive stern gallery is nice and the lantern is creative. Overall she looks pretty good, and you know you have a skilled crew when you can sail away with all your sails furled! :laugh::wink::laugh:

But seriously this is another fine addition to the fleet and should do you Eslandolanicanerianlanders proud! :laugh:

Nice and colorful! Looks Mitgardian! pirate_look.gifpirate_laugh2.gif The boat off the back is a nice addition! thumbup.gif

I've never been a huge fan of tall forecastles, but this ship is really nice. The colors complement each other nicely, and I am a big fan of the center lantern.

Given the captain's name, I would be interested in knowing if the rest of the crew are similarly named.

Very nice ship Capt. B, the color-scheme is good, and I'll agree about that back lantern! pirate_wink.gif The high fore and aftcastles look quite nice here, and the chubby look doesn't distract much overall thumbup.gif Congrats on the first ETWC ship too! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks pirate_laugh2.gif

It is a trade ship ... it may be ugly... pirate_cry4.gif

Yes, very bulky, Sir. (That is what I also did not like initially ... but then I thought that in the early days Eslandola did just have simple, bulky ships)

The class? Definitely "failed galleon". pirate_laugh2.gif Or "Bulk Brigg" :laugh: :laugh:

Kinda in a dilemma... As you name it a Galleon/Brig, it is definitely a class 2 A (also, it has the 8 guns needed for Class 2 A). But then again by classing it a Class 2 A, it is not really a trade ship.

So Class 2 A or Class 2 WR?

As what class are you going to licence it?

Nice beautiful ship !

I like this color design made of black-green and yellow.

You really managed to better an old build ! Good job !

Thanks a lot!

A fine ship you've built/modified Captain B. (Well, apart from the missing rudder... perhaps that's why they returned so quickly! :wink:) The short length does make it look bulky - perhaps another midsection or two would even things out, but it has a certain charm as it is. I like the colorscheme, the massive stern gallery is nice and the lantern is creative. Overall she looks pretty good, and you know you have a skilled crew when you can sail away with all your sails furled! :laugh::wink::laugh:

But seriously this is another fine addition to the fleet and should do you Eslandolanicanerianlanders proud! :laugh:

The rudder ... must be still in the box... pirate_cry4.gif I did not see it come undone.

Yes, another midsection (which I don't have) would make it look better. Agreed.

Sails can be furled, we got a steam motor...

Nice and colorful! Looks Mitgardian! pirate_look.gifpirate_laugh2.gif The boat off the back is a nice addition! thumbup.gif

Mitgardian? By colour, yes. I'll put a catapult in instead of the guns and sell it as a medieval ship pirate_laugh_new.gif

A nice ship! And her captain's name is just hilarious!

pirate_wink.gif

I've never been a huge fan of tall forecastles, but this ship is really nice. The colors complement each other nicely, and I am a big fan of the center lantern.

Given the captain's name, I would be interested in knowing if the rest of the crew are similarly named.

The rest of the crew? Yes, they are! pir_laugh2.gif

Very nice ship Capt. B, the color-scheme is good, and I'll agree about that back lantern! pirate_wink.gif The high fore and aftcastles look quite nice here, and the chubby look doesn't distract much overall thumbup.gif Congrats on the first ETWC ship too! pirate_satisfied.gif

Chubby look? Chibi look?

Kinda in a dilemma... As you name it a Galleon/Brig, it is definitely a class 2 A (also, it has the 8 guns needed for Class 2 A). But then again by classing it a Class 2 A, it is not really a trade ship.

So Class 2 A or Class 2 WR?

As what class are you going to licence it?

Yes, difficult.

The ship actually just has two cannons as the lower cannons have been removed to give more storage space. I thought of something like Class 2T...

Do I need to remove all of the cannons to have it a trade ship?` Who would send a completely unarmed trade ship around the world?

pirate_look.gifpirate_look.gifpirate_look.gif

...Do I need to remove all of the cannons to have it a trade ship?` Who would send a completely unarmed trade ship around the world?

pirate_look.gifpirate_look.gifpirate_look.gif

No, you don't need to take out the cannons - as you said, trading ships would obviously want some too pirate_wink.gif

Well if you call this an ugly ship, I'm really looking forward to seeing your "good looking" ship... I actually find this ship quite charming!

Well if you call this an ugly ship, I'm really looking forward to seeing your "good looking" ship... I actually find this ship quite charming!

Well, if it was that ugly, I would have taken it apart in silence pirate_laugh2.gif instead of presenting it to the whole world...

So, I agree, it has some charme.

It is more about the style. I don't do things that way nowadays.

You might want to refer to the ship I have put together for the Sea Rats.

And there are some more in the pipeline pirate_wink.gif

Sails can be furled, we got a steam motor.

A steam engine, eh? :wink: But... but... HEY!! No steam allowed!! I'm telling!! SKA!! :pir-laugh::grin::laugh:

Actually I saw that one coming after you mentioned steampunk a while back. :classic: Couldn't resist.

Oh, and I hear you about the rudder coming off. I usually wait till I'm finished building to put them on, otherwise I keep knocking them off every time I move the ship. :grin:

A steam engine, eh? :wink: But... but... HEY!! No steam allowed!! I'm telling!! SKA!! :pir-laugh::grin::laugh:

Actually I saw that one coming after you mentioned steampunk a while back. :classic: Couldn't resist.

Oh, and I hear you about the rudder coming off. I usually wait till I'm finished building to put them on, otherwise I keep knocking them off every time I move the ship. :grin:

The first steampunk MOC has just been published. :laugh:

As to the lost rudder:

It is a common nuisance that once the pictures have been taken and published, the builder suddenly realizes that:

- a part is missing

- a minifig has toppled over

- some bricks have gone loose (and appear not to have been pressed together firmly enough in the first place - usually an effect when MOCs have been taken in and out of their boxes)

- a minifig looks into the wrong direction

- etc.

That's just the way it is... pirate_look.gif