CelesAurivern

[COR-FB] The Peregrine (Small Cog)

Nice ship, but IT deels a bit out of proportion... Try to make the behind a bit lower

Nice little Cog, Well succeeded in the comical feel!

My advice would be having some overhang so the poop deck doesn't look like a small unsteady tower but more like a real castle.

It also misses a fore castle pirate_classic.gif

Thanks for the suggestions.

Will take them into account for the 'rebuild' (no spoilers yet!)

Perfect! About the overhang, I was also thinking about sideways overhang pirate_classic.gif

Cute little cog and a great example of a class 1 vessel! pir_laugh2.gif

I need to know where that boathull is from!

The rigging is nice, but I would also suggest reviewing the aftcastle. I'd suggest a lower and wider structure, and to let it overhang backwards more too. I think it would give a vessel in more balance.

Possibly make the transition between deck and quarterdeck a bit more fluent, but I definitely see how this is a sort of caricature on the early age of sail carracks! pirate_laugh2.gif

Great job, and looking forward to seeing what adventures this vessel will take them on!

You mean the source of the prefab hull? It was released in brown in one of the early adventurer sets, amazon temple, I think. I think paradisa or belville also had it in different colours.

What a lovely small ship! I always wanted to build small ships out of the bigger prefab rowboat piece. I have yet to acquire such a piece myself. And your version is a bulky one! This i like the most :)

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gif Love the chibi feel here, and that guy up in the castle grinning like crazy as they sail out into the "great unknown" in that ship is really hilarious as well! default_iamded_lol.png I like the billowing out sail and the chains too, and, as you were going for the comical look, I'm not sure I can give you much advice - you pretty much nailed it! default_rofl.gif

Nice use of that prefab hull, I didn't know about it before :classic:

The shipbuilding advice I leave to more seasoned shipbuilders, but I would like to let you know that the pictures would have looked better without the direct flash as it creates ugly shadows and reflections.

Nice use of that prefab hull, I didn't know about it before :classic:

The shipbuilding advice I leave to more seasoned shipbuilders, but I would like to let you know that the pictures would have looked better without the direct flash as it creates ugly shadows and reflections.

I agree that the flash is annoying. Will strip the film off for future shots. Or perhaps do up a photo booth. Unfortunately, all the equipment in the world cannot help my woeful photography skills. Alas!

I like the whimsical feel of this - and it makes a good caricature, to borrow from prior comments. It reminds me a lot of the illustrations from a children's book about the early explorers. And it looks like a fun play piece, but maybe that's just the little boy in me...

The photography doesn't do it much justice though. The flash reflection is messy but I see it's already been addressed.

Good start and I look forward to what you build next.