Captain Braunsfeld

[Frozen Beyond, Cat B] What's that coming over the hill?

... it's a monster...

800x572.jpg

Created and controlled by Algus magic, the multi-eyed snow monster brings terror to Mitgardia!

800x600.jpg

Run for your lives!

800x542.jpg

What can be done to stop the evil Algus???

Some more.

C&C Welcome!

In the "Captain Braunsfeld's part of the Algus Saga" you are here: Part 7

1) The Beacon of Bruns Fall

2) Defending the North

3) Southern Comfort

4) Help from a Nobleman

5) Two Minor Victories

6) Water does not stop them!

7) What's that coming over the hill?

8) Where the Rainbow Spell came from

9) AppleCalypse Now!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Quite a sight to behold! Nice work with that eye-covered monster, and snow-scape and minifig posing as well! :wink: I'm surprised the bunny mittens didn't stop it though... :look::laugh:

Haha! I don't often laugh at Lego creations but this made me think of Calvin & Hobbes ("The Attack of the Deranged Killer Monster Mutant Snow Goons" or something). The monster would seem menacing if it hadn't tickled my funny bone. The smooth snow is nice and I like your use of ice to break up the solid white. I really like the tree; it has that barren winter look. The king is really taking chances facing them so closely, eh? But then he has the whole collection of rabbit's feet... Good work.

So many eyes..........but nice build here! I like the king's kindness, saving the rabbit :classic:

So much awesomeness in this build. I love the monster :wub:.

You are a genius, Mr Braunsfeld ;-).

Oh, these eyes... Lovely!

And that King, with the gloves...

Is it possible I remelber him? :wink:

Aaaaaaah so many eyes! Nice build!

Thanks - cute, isn't it?

Quite a sight to behold! Nice work with that eye-covered monster, and snow-scape and minifig posing as well! :wink: I'm surprised the bunny mittens didn't stop it though... :look::laugh:

... so is the nobleman! :laugh:

Very nice beast! Why is there a cat in the tree?

My sons requested the cat.

Haha! I don't often laugh at Lego creations but this made me think of Calvin & Hobbes ("The Attack of the Deranged Killer Monster Mutant Snow Goons" or something). The monster would seem menacing if it hadn't tickled my funny bone. The smooth snow is nice and I like your use of ice to break up the solid white. I really like the tree; it has that barren winter look. The king is really taking chances facing them so closely, eh? But then he has the whole collection of rabbit's feet... Good work.

Thank you. The guy is actually not a king.

If you recall help from a nobleman this is Duke Fasel with his magic rabbit gloves. They have been found helpful.

I like the stuff Calvin is building out of snow... :laugh:

So many eyes..........but nice build here! I like the king's kindness, saving the rabbit :classic:

Thanks, but those are actually rabbit gloves :grin:

So much awesomeness in this build. I love the monster :wub:.

You are a genius, Mr Braunsfeld ;-).

:grin_wub:

Oh, these eyes... Lovely!

And that King, with the gloves...

Is it possible I remember him? :wink:

Yes, the guy has appeared in some previous MOCs.

Creepy! Can it run? ;)

Can it run? My big question is "does it fall apart?"... :look:

The SNOT snowy base with ice mixed in looks great :thumbup: And that's definitely a creepy monster, though perhaps some valiant Mitgardian warriors would take advantage of its seeming lack of mobility.

The SNOT snowy base with ice mixed in looks great :thumbup: And that's definitely a creepy monster, though perhaps some valiant Mitgardian warriors would take advantage of its seeming lack of mobility.

:sweet: Well, the monster makes me think that I should focus on different topics in the future :laugh:

Nice MOC Captain! I'm wondering how the monster processed all the visual incomes in his big brain;-)

One little thing for inprovement: Could you somehow cover the baseplates, we see on the last picture...

Nice MOC Captain! I'm wondering how the monster processed all the visual incomes in his big brain;-)

One little thing for inprovement: Could you somehow cover the baseplates, we see on the last picture...

The monster is probably not moving so much because it has to work on the visual input.

If you have some white baseplates for me, I'd exchange for the others :grin:

If you have some white baseplates for me, I'd exchange for the others :grin:

You wish! :grin:

'Just' move the plate one row back and they 'disappear'

Edited by Petric_G

Wow, those eyes are creepy! :classic: I also like the tree, those new tooth pieces indeed seems great in snowy scenes.

The ground looks a bit too flat, for example maybe some footsteps would have been nice?

Now if i saw that thing, i would laugh pointing at it and scream running at the same time.

It sees all!!!

Yes!!!

Great monster, CB! The snow and tree are nice as well :thumbup:

Thanks!

Wow, those eyes are creepy! :classic: I also like the tree, those new tooth pieces indeed seems great in snowy scenes.

The ground looks a bit too flat, for example maybe some footsteps would have been nice?

With the monster being mediocre strange I did not want the ground to be the key element of the build :cry_sad:

Now if i saw that thing, i would laugh pointing at it and scream running at the same time.

You should, it is probably dangerous!

For some reason I can imagine this one gobbling up its enemies like cookie monster eats cookies

That would be a horrible sight to behold!

That monster is just hilarious and cute at the same time.

I would know its a bad thing to stay and cuddle with it from the look of it, but then again !? :wub:

Kill your enemies with epic supercuteness, who need to make ones enemies run away frightened, when one can make them drop their weapons and run right into the evil mouth of cuteness. :laugh: