Hello world , one week ago I started my entry for the contest , the subject was a telehandler , but after noticing that far exceeded the limits of the competition, I decided to start on a new subject, an underground mining loader . It was not obvious to incorporate the functions of a loader especially at this level, but I quickly found the solution , then here my progress so far.

Here is an image of the reference model:

536332Sandvikundergroundminingloader.jpg

338907P1010507.jpg

985865P1010508.jpg

323755P1010509.jpg

431724P1010510.jpg

Ithas a 3 cylinders inline fake engine.

193094P1010511.jpg

475715P1010512.jpg

173603P1010514.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the progress I made .

The current size is 45*13*11 = 6435 cubic studs.

For now , I do not vrament know what I will do as b -model , perhaps I lean towards a SANDVIK DD2710.

Great choice. Loads of functions and hardly any wasted volume. I wonder if these will be the biggest wheels in TC9.

If I were you, I'd change steering system to something faster. Linear actuators are good for motorized models.

If I were you, I'd change steering system to something faster. Linear actuators are good for motorized models.

I agree, not very good for play. You nailed the shape quite good so far.

you could maybe use the bucket of the 8043 in front. good progress so far

No, he could not. It would be off scale (and Sandvik loaders does not have teeth on the bucket blade).

Geez M_longer your at hard lad to please. :tongue:

oh, M_longer if you read the rules you would find out that no power functions are aloud. :wink:

Great start Technivor. :classic:

Edited by Technic-Kobaltz

Geez M_longer your at hard lad to please. :tongue:

I have spent some time on watching Sandvik loaders in action, on reading its specifications and on building them with using photos and blueprints. Sooo let's say that I have a little bit more knowledge about those machines than random LEGO builder :wink:

oh, M_longer if you read the rules you would find out that no power functions are aloud. :wink:

I just said that LAs are good for motorized models, not that Technivor should motorize this loader.

Sooo let's say that I have a little bit more knowledge about those machines than random LEGO builder :wink:

How rude! Basically you are saying that who has more posts on here, who has more youtube views, then it's a better builder than those who have not! Remember this saying: Internet empowers the douche!

Back on topic: great choice for the contest! looks clean so far, I do agree on the steering system being slow, but somehow the mini LA looks better than any other HOG steering! Can't wait for the bucket and the final model too!

Great choice of model(s)! I have to agree though, that LA steering for a manual model isn't ideal :classic:

Looking forward to seeing progress on this! :thumbup:

How rude! Basically you are saying that who has more posts on here, who has more youtube views, then it's a better builder than those who have not! Remember this saying: Internet empowers the douche!

What ?

You can't just attack and call someone a douche when you misread the post so completely! Basically he is saying that he - as someone who works with these exact machines - has better knowledge than most regarding these exact machines. Which seems legit! Basically, he says absolutely nothing about being the better builder. It's pretty much like a brain surgeon saying "I am a brain surgeon, so I might know a thing or two more than most people regarding brain surgery"

What ?

You can't just attack and call someone a douche when you misread the post so completely! Basically he is saying that he - as someone who works with these exact machines - has better knowledge than most regarding these exact machines. Which seems legit! Basically, he says absolutely nothing about being the better builder. It's pretty much like a brain surgeon saying "I am a brain surgeon, so I might know a thing or two more than most people regarding brain surgery"

Hey D3K relax ok? It's a saying..it means, related to the fact we are on a forum, some people may have more posts of fame than others, not necessary more or better skills! and this is a statement nowadays as we live with internet! You are the one who is misunderstanding! I'm not calling M-Longer a douche. He has obviously experience but he did define that guy "random builder" (guess is because he also has 4 posts!!)

One thing is to know these machines in real life, on thing is to call someone random builder!

Also stop using the word attack with me, I'm not attacking anyone! Google the word "rude" and will see the meaning...

Now back on the post...

Edited by TheItalianBrick

How rude! Basically you are saying that who has more posts on here, who has more youtube views, then it's a better builder than those who have not!

I think you missed something. M_longer works at mine on a daily basis, he's got ton of experience with Sandvik loaders, and that is clearly what he meant - this is something a typical Lego builder doesn't have. How did posts or YouTube come into this? I'm puzzled as to where did you get it from.

Also, I don't see how "random builder" can be an insult. I believe it was simply meant as a "generic builder". How did this make you jump onto posts count etc. is beyond me, frankly.

Edited by Sariel

I think you missed something. M_longer works at mine on a daily basis, he's got ton of experience with Sandvik loaders, and that is clearly what he meant - this is something a typical Lego builder doesn't have. How did posts or YouTube come into this? I'm puzzled as to where did you get it from.

Also, I don't see how "random builder" can be an insult. I believe it was simply meant as a "generic builder". How did this make you jump onto posts count etc. is beyond me, frankly.

And how do you know that guys doesn't work at mine too?

Hey D3K relax ok? It's a saying..it means, related to the fact we are on a forum, some people may have more posts of fame than others, not necessary more or better skills! and this is a statement nowadays as we live with internet! You are the one who is misunderstanding! I'm not calling M-Longer a douche. He has obviously experience but he did define that guy "random builder" (guess is because he also has 4 posts!!)

One thing is to know these machines in real life, on thing is to call someone random builder!

Also stop using the word attack with me, I'm not attacking anyone! Google the word "rude" and will see the meaning...

Now back on the post...

he said that to me, that posts-argument is totally out of question because i have more posts than him.

The random builder thing, he just meant someone who just builds with lego and doesn't really know about these loaders

seconded

Seriously man:

1. Calm down.

2. Read again the "more knowledge about those machines than random LEGO builder" part. Does it specifically refer to Technivor? No. It means "average Lego builder". What M_longer said is that by working in mine, he's acquired deeper knowledge of mining machines than an average Lego builder. In other words, after working as a miner for a couple of years he DARED to suppose that his knowledge of mining machines is above the average. He knows his job, that's what he's saying.

3. How on Earth does that offend you?

Edited by Sariel

Seriously man:

1. Calm down.

2. Read again the "more knowledge about those machines than random LEGO builder" part. Does it specifically refer to Technivor? No. It means "average Lego builder". What M_longer said is that by working in mine, he's acquired deeper knowledge of mining machines than an average Lego builder. In other words, after working as a miner for a couple of years he DARED to suppose that his knowledge of mining machines is above the average. He knows his job, that's what he's saying.

3. How on Earth does that offend you?

Lol I'm not offended by anything at all. If you call some one random builder it sounds like you are downgrading him/her. Well look at the the model, there is the answer! And I'm enjoying this model right now because it's well done and looks good!

So basically I need to be a truck driver if I want to design a truck? tell me this is a joke please….

Anyway let's stop it here, I apologize for the off topic!

If you call some one random builder it sounds like you are downgrading him/her.

Random builder means random builder.

In other words, it just someone who plays with LEGO. WITHOUT saying anything about his/her building skills.

If you call some one random builder it sounds like you are downgrading him/her.

But he didn't call anyone specifically a random builder, that's the issue. Nor did he say that you need to be something to do something. These are all things you're pulling from somewhere (some body part perhaps?) yourself.

The man said he knows mining better than average person, end of story. And you immediately called him rude and went into 4-posts long rant about posts count, YouTube views and whatnot.

What the heck, man?

Edited by Sariel

That's totally NOT what he said. We've already discussed this via PM, but you really need to tone it down...a lot!

How about we all get back on topic here ay?

Could not agree more.

I finished the main model , here are the pictures:

293804P1010528.jpg

510269P1010529.jpg

887037P1010530.jpg

438502P1010531.jpg

116271P1010532.jpg

668038P1010533.jpg

822783P1010534.jpg

784018P1010535.jpg

198937P1010536.jpg

659280P1010537.jpg

249274P1010538.jpg

476861P1010539.jpg

I think first model on the LDD and then disassemble the model to start the model B, because I do not have the parts needed to mount a second .

Your comments are welcome.