Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[SoNE Ep. X] Purpose

Zabrak Stormtrooper ZW-461 had simple orders straight from the Commander himself; "do everything the Sarge says and don't screw up." It sounds simple, but ZW had seemed to find the end of the Sarge's whip a lot recently. Now his simple orders were getting complicated. He was suppose to get a injured trooper to a back up ship and ZW had no idea where to find the ship. Even worse, they had fallen in with another squad and ZW forgot which trooper he was suppose to be transporting. Oh well, first things first, finding a ship...

"...transporter? nope. transporter? nope. transporter? oh finally...

"...huh, those markings look familiar...

"Oh yeah, one of the farms back home use to sell to that corporation. This Survey Corps Unit must use them as a supplier."

23073553960_7ecb86bd7e_n.jpg23260944202_e5197e17ed_n.jpg

"Oh good, the hatch is open. Hopefully the pilot is in there and ready to go. If he is, I'll just tell him to wait while I go find TK-something something..."

23001514319_0a47030fb1_z.jpg23343276116_4a77d40e9c_z.jpg

[ZW] "Hey! You're already here? And you fly? Oops, I think I just closed the hatch."

23073634500_43c28bb839_c.jpg

[Goatm] "Yeah... I'm that guy... strap in we're taking off."

23261006272_c1bb15f844_c.jpg

[ZW] "Yeah, sure! I'll just grab on up here. So how do you know how to fly? I didn't think that was covered in the academy...

"Wait a second?!? Where's your mustache? And pauldron? Awe man... I'm in trouble... Can you let me out? I've got to find a guy with a pauldron and a mustache."

[Goatm] "No..."

23343167626_552f6dbbb1_c.jpg

[ZW] "Oh, okay... where're we going, any way?"

23127311990_1aff6fb9fa_c.jpg

[Goatm] "I remember when I was in the Survey Corps. Seems a thousand years ago."

[ZW] "Oh, cool, but I've really got to get back and..."

23127315620_3115abc549_c.jpg

[Goatm] "I had been test piloting this very shuttle when the ISB requisitioned me and the shuttle for a mission. Three of these assassins convened just over my shoulder.

23127318210_cde63d5aa6.jpg

"They were taking a team to clear out a Zabrak colony in a worthless sector of the Outer Rim. Some poor bastards that just wanted to be left alone.

23055115539_11bafb1418_c.jpg

23423086945_314436898d_c.jpg

23423088485_1bea06c1ae_c.jpg

23127306910_5aaecef497_c.jpg

23396902696_89e8b3196a.jpg23314624452_d3de35497b.jpg23396910836_0d8813dbbb.jpg

"The colonists were slaughtered and on the trip home I opened the hatch and let the hit squad suck vacuum. These men embraced horror. Horror and moral terror without any thought of their personal morality and purpose. They were monsters."

23423080225_f92735c401_c.jpg

[Goatm] "A Zabrak in the Imperial ranks is nothing but a monster. There is no personal morality you could serve in concert with the Empire."

[ZW] "Where are we? Are you going to kill me?"

[Goatm] "We're on one of the moons orbiting Bothawui Prime. There's an Imperial Outpost to the east, a port with plenty of work to the west. Get out."

23055093009_ed96f4c692_c.jpg

To be continued...

Goatm's new ship is a modified Gamma-Class Assault Shuttle commissioned to the Survey Corps. Goatm took advantage of the Suprosa assault to grab this long distance shuttle and to get access to current Imperial records.

ZW-461 did not fulfill his orders from Commander Kirana to "not screw up."

C&C appreciated.

As usual, your ships are so impressive! I like the clever use of the new windshields there.

And the interior is just a perfect example of how to do one.

That ship is simply awesome. I don't know how you build ships like that, especially sturdy ones, I'm terrible at those kinds of things! I laughed with all of ZW's problems! The hangar and ship has some great details and patterns!

What a way to include yourself into the contest, you knew you were overqualified for this task, I am starting to believe you are trying to defect from the empire :hmpf_bad::grin: .

--------------------------------------------------------

After action report - prepared by Sgt. Kirana

--------------------------------------------------------

Trooper ZW-461 is currently missing in action. He was last seen boarding a modified Gamma-class assault shuttle which left the Suprosa without authorization, causing injury to an Imperial officer. It is unknown if anyone else was aboard the shuttle. The fleet has been alerted, and will be searching for the ship.

-------------------------------------------------------

This is a great build - I really like the shuttle. I'd thought about building a Gamma-class shuttle before, mostly because there were full diagrams of it in a West End Games reference guide, but I never tried because I thought the front would be too tricky. You nailed it, though - awesome job. I also love the little walker with the motorbike chassis - NPU.

Terrific ship, very well done! Those engines are sick! Overall a cool build! :thumbup::wink:

The ship is great, but it's your on going story that really does it for me! You have quite the dark background for your guy.

Thanks for all the comments.

@Beltar - my ships are rarely sturdy enough for more than a few swooshes. The outer/upper parts of the hull were problematic partly because of the angles I was working on in the front section (this also meant that I didn't get a good seal on the top, which you can see is loose in the last shot). the back part also had some durability problems because of the angles which just would force me to mainly handling it from the bottom and just be hind the doors.

@Nom - this contest was a difficult one to fit my MIA ISB officer and low-level, screw-up stormtrooper into. Whatever Goatm does do, he'll continue to be an Imperial, and ZW is too simple to become idealistic

Cool shuttle! Recognized it as soon as I saw it! Is that little walker based on anything in particular? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is your reasoning behind the assassins? Just cool Imperial variants? Pardon my curiousity! :blush: Whatever they are, I like 'em!

Edited by Junior Shark

Thanks. The walker is based on the parts had in front of me and I wanted to use the bike part. The assassins are just there b/c I thought they looked cool and I wanted to show the ship fully loaded.

Thanks. The walker is based on the parts had in front of me and I wanted to use the bike part. The assassins are just there b/c I thought they looked cool and I wanted to show the ship fully loaded.

Good reasons for sure! :laugh: Thanks for indulging my curiosity!