1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

I have been very busy with real life lately and to be honest, I am doing my best to keep up with my LEGO hobby. Sometimes, unexpected events can take the joy of indulging your hobby but I am trying very hard to keep myself afloat until things calm down a little. Meanwhile, I got to thank my office colleague for treating me with this exclusive polybag purchase when he was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia over the weekend and he scored this super hard-to-find polybag through the Toys R US local promotion. Without further ado, let me do this simple review and invite the Eurobricks community to enjoy this short feature.

Name: 503084 The Hulk

Theme: LEGO System / Superheroes / Marvel Universe

Year: 2015

Pieces: 27

Minifigs: 1 minifigure

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 5003084 The Hulk

21346415694_1a2d7f7487_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 5003084 The Hulk

21781271948_784e5be720_o_d.jpg

The special promotional polybag which feature the minifigure sized Hulk

21978852161_294b66b139_o_d.jpg

It is not very common that I can laid my hands onto an exclusive polybag and this is the second time I have managed to get it after the 5002948 C-3PO review. This exclusive polybag which my colleague have gotten from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is a Toys R US Malaysia promotion and is linked together with the Bricktober event. This polybag is exclusive to Toys R US and I believe it is a matter of time before other regions will get their promotion. As long you buy RM150 (equivalent to USD$35) of LEGO products in a single receipt, you are entitled to this polybag. It will be while stock last and I heard most of the outlets are out of stock.

This special Toys R US polybag is the same promotional concept as last year, 5002145 Rocket Raccoon. Eventually, this polybag was so wide-spread that it was retailing in US Toys R US for USD$4.99. I do hope it will be made available soon.

The LEGO building content

21346392224_1b9f6d14b9_o_d.jpg

The polybag contain a mere 27 parts and most of it are to built the completed mini-buggy which can be configured either Hydra or Shield depending on your liking. I believed the default was to make it as Hydra vehicle, so Hulk could smash and rip it apart. Well, to increase the playability, the mini buggy can actually split into two parts by removing the connector. There are two stickers which I have classified as front and back. These extra stickers can be used to paste and add more sticky details to official LEGO Marvel Superhero sets, by pasting stickers such as Shield, Hydra, Stark Industries, etc.

The completed built of Hulk

21347960143_b6174f8a61_o_d.jpg

I am extremely pleased to see this second minifigure version of Hulk which is tied to the recent Marvel Movie, Avengers 2: Age of Ultron. It is the minifigure sized of the medium-sized Hulk. Well, Hulk have appeared in a few variants and minifigure version of Hulk is pretty hard to find. Too bad, I have kept all of my opened Hulks in a different inaccessible bin. Otherwise, I will love to do a group photo especially with this variant.

The design of the minifigure is outstanding. It stay true to the the original medium-sized Hulk scale and is a welcoming addition to add into the Avengers Superheroes together. The Hulk has an alternate aggressive and angry appearance. You do not want to go near him when he is in that mode. There are fine printing on the back view and side view.

Unexpected guest crashing in

21346335824_69c4884b66_o_d.jpg

Hulk is strong and Hulk will smash Hydra

21956908692_2698f01400_o_d.jpg

Let's welcome the new minifigure sized Hulk as part of Avengers (Age of Ultron)

21956887742_373cfaf1f1_o_d.jpg

To conclude, this polybag is an excellent polybag. I am very pleased with it. Not only it include a hard-to-find minifigure in such a scale. It increase the playability by adding in the mini buggy which can be smashed into halves. It is really very good and nicely designed despite such little piece count. As a Marvel Superhero fan, this polybag is a must to have. Just that, you got to wait and pray that the distribution will increase as time goes. Otherwise, it will be rather pricy to pay for such premium in secondary market.

Summary review

Playability: 9/10 (Very fun and simple approach to break the mini buggy into halves.)

Design: 9/10 (Very good design which include the minifigure scale of Hulk.)

Price: 9/10 (If you get it as part of the promotional deal, I will said is worth to get it. As for secondary market price, it really depends on how much your wallet can spare for it but I urge you to wait and see.)

Overall: 9/10 (Very nice minifigure to have it in my own collection. What's more, there is a mini buggy to play with it together. I am very pleased with this high score due to the fact that I have got it as a promotional free gift.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

He's a very nice figure and the printing/molding on his pants is awesome. I'm not so sure that I like that hairpiece on him though.

I really like this one; I have the first minifigure size one, and this color is a lot better. The hair is also fine - I think it looks more like Bruce Banner hair from Avengers, so I think it's a good fit.

I won't go out of my way to get this one, but I wouldn't mind having it.

Great review - thank you for posting it!

I'm hoping this will be available before the end of the year and I can't see an item with such amount of material not seeing a US release. This to me feels like more than just a regular minifigure promo bag, because of the brick-built vehicle and the stickers (which are brilliant). That much effort means I'm thinking a US release.

The real question for me, is if I can buy it on it's own or if I have to get it with purchase. With Rocket, I was able to buy a couple on it's own because the store employee did not realize it was part of a promo.

I think the figure is fantastic and outstanding. The prints, hairpiece, little HYDRA car, stickers,... all of this looks amazing. I think it's the best polybag of Marvel ever made, I will order it for sure. By the way, good review :wink: ! Maybe you can say for which sets the stickers are meant for?!?!

Edited by Winter Soldier

Thank you so much guys for your kind words and thoughts. I look forward to see this polybag available at more common grounds. Simply because, this is one of the most outstanding LEGO Marvel polybag. :wub:

Great review! I missed out on the first Hulk minifigure but even if I hadn't I would still want to get this one. I agree its the best Marvel polybag so far. Definite buy for me.

How I'm planning on getting the first Hulk minifigure is I'll get the keychain from a Lego store, then take out the keychain top part, then put a a regular Harry Potter hairpiece on him (not the one originally on the figure), so no one will be able to tell that he's not the polybag figure. I didn't have any interest in that figure until this current one was released, and I realized that I have two empty spaces in my AoU/Ant-Man display case.

As far as this current figure goes, I hope I can find him soon.

Edited by Silent Nomad

How I'm planning on getting the first Hulk minifigure is I'll get the keychain from a Lego store, then take out the keychain top part, then put a a regular Harry Potter hairpiece on him (not the one originally on the figure), so no one will be able to tell that he's not the polybag figure. I didn't have any interest in that figure until this current one was released, and I realized that I have two empty spaces in my AoU/Ant-Man display case.

As far as this current figure goes, I hope I can find him soon.

That's a good idea SilentNomad. Let me know how it turns out.

I'll get the keychain from a Lego store, then take out the keychain top part, then put a a regular Harry Potter hairpiece on him (not the one originally on the figure), so no one will be able to tell that he's not the polybag figure.

How will you do that? Aren't the hairpieces attached to the head by a huge pin? Don't you need to boil it off or something?

How will you do that? Aren't the hairpieces attached to the head by a huge pin? Don't you need to boil it off or something?

is where I found how to do it. I have yet to try it, though.

Here is where I found how to do it. I have yet to try it, though.

Whoa. That looks nuts. Even if the fig survives, all you have to do is replace the hairpiece to cover it up?

*Drives to Lego Store*

I picked one of these up in the UK yesterday at BRICK 2015 in Birmingham; it was in the pop up Toys R Us store for £4.99; this might mean it is in UK Toys R Us but I cannot be sure.